*NEW* Streamlight Ultrastinger LED Revealed at SHOT Show

880arm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep, this one has quite a bit of reach. Hopefully I will get to review one someday :shrug:

20150125222809-0e46c7e7-me.jpg

County

Newly Enlightened
streamlight is still living in the 80's. their still a couple decades behind.....
I don't see it that way. They may not be in the lumens or candelas race but they aren't far behind. What you get is a product that is geared towards the public safety industry which means they are durable, and not gimmicky, verified to be reliable in extreme use. I like the simple UI which is handy in an emergency. I like that their rechargeables don't require the batteries to be removed for charging. I like that their lights are also reasonably priced. I like that their warranty service is excellent.

The new UltraStinger LED looks like a compelling design wth respectable performance numbers for what I'm sure will be a reasonable price point.

Last edited:

Billm67

Newly Enlightened
Anyone know if you will be able to get the parts to convert a previous ultra stinger to the new LED version. I have an ultra stinger that sits beside my bed and I sure would like to convert it. Would this be comparable to the terralux led bulb that is currently available for the ultra stinger?

RWT1405

Flashlight Enthusiast
I totally agree with you County, the new one looks good! I just gave away my "old" Ultrastinger (I got it just after they came out) to a friend that can't believe the light it puts out, so I think I see the "new" one in my near future!

bvincent

Newly Enlightened
Looks like Streamlight has a few great new and updated products for 2015 I'm looking forward to the ProTac HL USB

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
*NEW* Streamlight Ultrastinger LED Revealed At SHOT Show

Looks like Streamlight has a few great new and updated products for 2015 I'm looking forward to the ProTac HL USB

Actually, that sounds mighty similar to my Nitecore MH25 with its USB charging and using either two 3V CR123A lithium batteries or a commercially available Li-Ion 18650 rechargeable battery.

FrogsInWinter

Enlightened
Re: *NEW* Streamlight Ultrastinger LED Revealed At SHOT Show

I already pre-ordered one from LA Police Gear. I've been waiting for this ever since TerraLux made their LED replacement bulb for the Ultra Stinger. I have the original Ultra Stinger with the TerraLux LED bulb.

Billm67: Its a safe bet that you won't be able to upgrade the original Ultra Stinger into the new LED version. As far as how the Ultra Stinger + TerraLux bulb compares to the new Ultra Stinger LED, there is no comparison. The TerraLux Ultra Stinger bulb is rated at 300 lumens, which I'd bet is LED lumens and not out-the-front lumens. With the stock incan bulb the original Ultra Stinger was rated at 230 lumens. So the more notable changes from the incan. bulb to the TerraLux would be the whiter LED light and increased runtime as opposed to any increased output. As far as size, there's a negligible increase from the original to the new LED version. The light is basically the same length as the new 3rd generation 3D LED Maglites.

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast

Have one on the way.....Standby....

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast

Monday.....late afternoon.....hopefully....

captnick

Newly Enlightened

The thread title caught my eye, and I did have the older model a few years ago, so I ordered one from Brightguy...should have it by Thursday. I got a spare battery with mine also. Looking forward to the first review.

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast

Really quick....it's a throw monster, and that's seeing the beam in the afternoon sun. About same size as the original but the head is slightly smaller. The optic has a frosted center, but the head unscrews, and reveals the XML2 LED (though a mysterious O ring came out of the head, and I have no idea where it goes).