New SureFire Maximus 1000 lumens!

tab665

Flashlight Enthusiast
what headlamp with 1000 lumens has been out for years? also, if your going to knock a product, do it right; i think you meant ".... and at UNDER half the price"

PocketLight88

Newly Enlightened
Why is it hard for people to understand designed and made in USA is much more expensive. I work for a manufacturing company and customers get excited when they hear they can buy a made in USA product until they get the price compared to the China price. 85% of our revenue and 100% of our profit is Made in China product. That's right, we lose money manufacturing in the US.

P_A_S_1

Flashlight Enthusiast
^I try to buy American made when I can and paying a premium for it isn't so much the issue. The issue is I pay more for a lesser product as I find half the time the stuff from China is made better or lasts longer. Just saying in general, not in regards to SF or this light.

hahoo

Enlightened
what headlamp with 1000 lumens has been out for years? also, if your going to knock a product, do it right; i think you meant ".... and at UNDER half the price"

armytek, nitecore, to name a few
and over ,under, it doesnt matter, im sure the point was understood;)

Shaysrebellion

Newly Enlightened
Looks to be made of plastic? How will it heatsink that immense amount of heat? Does it use an 18650 or there bogus 123's I have to buy each time, or even worse a pack that cannot be removed so I have to let it sit for 7 hours to charge right when I need to use it?

Last edited:

P_A_S_1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks to be made of plastic? How will it heatsink that immense amount of heat? Does it use an 18650 or there bogus 123's I have to buy each time, or even worse a pack that cannot be removed so I have to let it sit for 7 hours to charge right when I need to use it?

It's magnesium not plastic. It uses an integrated li-ion, whether it's a 18650 idk but it's not removable, no cr123s.

NovA ProspekT

Newly Enlightened
I have the older(500 lumen) version of this headlamp and it's fantastic. The "infinitely"-adjustable brightness is invaluable for certain tasks(such as close-up work or reading) and greatly extends battery life, which is relatively short when maxed-out. My only real complaints are the sealed, non field-serviceable battery and the CCT. It does come with both a 120V wall-charger with various US & European plugs and a 12V car-charger. Charge time from dead to full is nowhere near 7-hours, it's more around 1-2 hours(I haven't recorded it precisely).

Lumencrazy

Enlightened
Just what the world needs, more lumens. Nothing better for a survival situation or a week long camping trip than another battery burner.

Last edited: