*NEW* Surefire Titan-A (1*AAA, 15/125 lumen)

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
wasnt expecting this from surefire. might turn out to be my first light purchase in a while now.
im wondering if we can expect some single AA lights now?

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am not too sure about the head design. Looks too smooth to operate if fingers are moist.

newbie66

Flashlight Enthusiast
At around 60$ it is a nice deal! Gonna get for certain, unless there are negative reviews...

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
Almost looks like surefires version of a small Ledil "boom" reflector that would generate more of a floodier beam. Love the $60 price point, but SF better not put a friggin plastic lens in it.
I Still have a P2X that was sotting on the table when I was cleaning a gun. Sprayed some gun cleaner on the pistol and a little got on the P2X. While it didn't F-up the anno, it definitely scarred the lens so that light is basically junk now since the lenses aren't replaceable.

RMA that thing.

if not Brasso does wonders for scratches, don't know about chemical burns.

880arm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Something like the Ledil Boom, which looked awesome in Prometheus lights
http://www.truenorthknives.com/vcom/product_info.php?products_id=3756

That's along the lines of what I was thinking after reading the product information.

Everyone should keep in mind that if you're viewing the stock photos on a PC monitor then they are probably being displayed much larger than life size. In my case it's about 4x actual which makes the reflector's facets look huge. I kind of expect (and hope) they will look better in person.

Dirty wage guy

Enlightened
Thanks for the suggestions Forrest! I'll probably have to try the brasso since I completely disassembled the P2X and I also doubt she'd be under warranty anymore since I de-annodized it, but I definitely appreciate your help.

The Ledil reflector and Prometheus lights was exactly what I was thinking Illum when I first saw the pic of this new Titan.

IsaacL

Enlightened
Thanks for the suggestions Forrest! I'll probably have to try the brasso since I completely disassembled the P2X and I also doubt she'd be under warranty anymore since I de-annodized it, but I definitely appreciate your help.

The Ledil reflector and Prometheus lights was exactly what I was thinking Illum when I first saw the pic of this new Titan.

Have you considered replacing the lens with a UCL?

BigBluefish

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks interesting. At the suggested price (and hoping that street price will be lower) I'll pick one up. I've been getting a lot of use out of my two AAA lights, a Peak Eiger and Fenix LD01, so another affordable quality AAA is welcome.

But, let's just hope it doesn't have a greenish tint....

jalcon

Newly Enlightened
15 lumens only 2 hours? Is that true?? My Fenix LD01 is rated at 3 hours 8 minutes @ 26 lumens.. Am I missing something?

880arm

Flashlight Enthusiast
15 lumens only 2 hours? Is that true?? My Fenix LD01 is rated at 3 hours 8 minutes @ 26 lumens.. Am I missing something?

That's the story for now, when it's powered by a AAA Eneloop. I try to avoid putting too much stock into the performance numbers until the light is released, then we will know for sure.

Dirty wage guy

Enlightened
Have you considered replacing the lens with a UCL?

Yes Sir, I definitely did. Unfortunately for me though, that perticular light has a unique lens that has a groove on its outer edge that holds an O-ring. I also have a couple extra 6P lenses and they are too thick for it so it looks like I'm SOL on that light.

Agreed Bigbluefish, I hope they don't give it the greenish tint as well. It sure would be nice to see SF use some LED's that are close to the tints of the older incans that so many love. I know that won't happen and I absolutely don't expect them to use a warm tint in this Titan, but please SF, start using led's with neutral tints!

newbie66

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remember people, the light may never go into production this year, or the next, or forever....

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remember people, the light may never go into production this year, or the next, or forever....

Very easy to draw that conclusion as we have seen a few lights announced not making it to production. However, in this case, I have a strong gut feeling this will have "cousins" and they all will be released in a timely fashion. I think this time SF is throwing a haymaker and is going to back it up.

Im really excited for this light.

newbie66

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very easy to draw that conclusion as we have seen a few lights announced not making it to production. However, in this case, I have a strong gut feeling this will have "cousins" and they all will be released in a timely fashion. I think this time SF is throwing a haymaker and is going to back it up.

Im really excited for this light.

I'm excited too! Let us hope your gut feeling is correct and SureFire won't let us down.

Last edited:

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am all in on these, AS LONG AS it doesn't have the random Gross Green Tint!!! But if it does, it would be really swell if it is easy to fully disassemble too. Then the sky would be the limit!

Gadgetman7

Enlightened
I think Surefire will produce this light or something similar. Military contracts are drying up and police budgets are decreasing to some extent. They need a consumer product line that a non-professional will buy. I expect ForrestChump is right. We'll likely see a less expensive AA light if the new Titan sells.

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think Surefire will produce this light or something similar. Military contracts are drying up and police budgets are decreasing to some extent. They need a consumer product line that a non-professional will buy. I expect ForrestChump is right. We'll likely see a less expensive AA light if the new Titan sells.

Yes, I believe so. The people I talked with had a very "hungry" excited tone even though I couldn't get much info.
They are ready to shake things up. In regards to the green tint, I also dont feel we need to worry too much. I sense they are trying to nail this one to the wall. Almost Apple style. People, including myself started with the iPod (Nano for me) and now own Macs..... Something to that effect.

A "Gateway" light. :p

Last edited: