New Surefire UDR DOMINATOR loltastic price

Status
Not open for further replies.

tatasal

Flashlight Enthusiast
In my case, other than my 1x14500 EDC light, all my other lights are bought mainly for their looks/UI alone, and are just kept unused. I haven't got to the point of taking advantage of long warranties, etc., so it does not matter to me much.

This Surefire looks good to me. Is this light already available for sale?

eff

Enlightened
In my case, other than my 1x14500 EDC light, all my other lights are bought mainly for their looks/UI alone, and are just kept unused. I haven't got to the point of taking advantage of long warranties, etc., so it does not matter to me much.

This Surefire looks good to me. Is this light already available for sale?
Yes it's available on ebay, lapolicegear, opticsplanet, etc ...
But the best deal I found for the UDR was at SWFA Outdoors and at tacticalgeardiscounts for 959$ (that's 30% less that the advertised price!) :eek:

Last edited:

bulbmogul

Enlightened
But the best deal I found for the UDR was at SWFA Outdoors and at tacticalgeardiscounts for 959$ (that's 30% less that the advertised price!) :eek:
I do not see it ANYWHERE yet in stock and ready to ship. ?

Zivman

Newly Enlightened

I REALLY want this light.... I am a big time surefire fan. I have a few Olights, including an SR90 that I paid 400 or better for. I think that is the only thing keeping me from buying the SF. having two big hog lights that you pull out for fun is at least one more than a person really needs... But I still want one.... the last light I bought was a the m6LT last year, so I guess I have been saving up?

AT under a grand 1000 it doesn't seem 'that' bad. As been posted, I have spent more money on dumber things

cuester

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone know if it can run off 12volt and not just charge off 12 volt? Our ground sar team is looking for a portable searchlight/spotlight for our Argo vehicles. This would nicely fit the bill.

ptolemy

Enlightened
Surefires are fine lights. Dealer cost is 60% off msrp, so probably around $500. But, they can't discount it due to MAP (price fixing). Is it worth $1200? we all know it's not but we also know it will sell well, to their corporate clients, who will also buy 100x more cr123's batteries (this one uses 12 of them).

Are there better solutions out there for below $300? of course.. brighter, or with more throw or with better battery options. Many say lifetime warranty. It's true their no questions asked warranty rocks. I have used it. But, lets say you buy new $300 light every 3-4 years... well you can buy new light for the next 12 years with latest led technology...

I know it's nice to talk about USA made... if product is quality, who cares where its made. Overcharging for patriotism is not patriotic to me. I have owned at least a 100 of surefire lights, so I have been patriotic enough to me :)

Mark2

Enlightened
The UDR Dominator is in line with Surefire pricing. You get a powerful, large, well-made light + accessories. It puts out pretty much the same amount of light as a Fenix TK75, but in a more focused beam. It can keep up with a Fenix TK61 when it comes to throw but can't match the SR95S-UT. Makes you wonder what 3 or 7 CBT-90 emitters could do. The beam pattern is not 100 percent flawless and the buttons are too hard to press to be usable for momentary and they are on the small side for use with tactical gloves. Overall it's a very nice light that feels a little bit like an UB3T on steroids. An additional lower output emitter with flood light optics for close-up work and a low-output red light source would make this a real winner. But it's fine as it is, I like it.

chipwillis

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like this light, went to Buy for the $950 price and their all sold out..... That stinks

warmurf

Enlightened
Anyone hazard to guess how many of these they make? As we're all aware the numbers made have a major factor on cost. Make 10,000 and you can reduce a light by 75%, make a 1,000- not so easy to absorb the cost...

mikekoz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Price aside, this thing uses 12 CR123's?????? I will guess that there is no option for using rechargeables. I have not owned a Surefire in a few years, but the models I had to choose from when I got mine could not run on rechargeables. That was one of the reasons I sold them.

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
Price aside, this thing uses 12 CR123's?????? I will guess that there is no option for using rechargeables.

The review dome by 880 shows the light comes with a lithium battery pack as well as a holder for 12 CR 123 cells.

People complained that Nitecore didn't have the ability to use primary cells unless you purchased another TM series light to use the battery pack housing from.

I guess you can never win???

Capolini

Banned
I could NOT find this info. on their website so I called them.

TWO QUESTIONS:

1. What is the replacement cost of a L.Ion battery pack?

ANSWER: They do not have one and he does not know! He will get back to me. I would be surprised if it was under $300. Then again if your willing to spend ~$1200 for the light it is no big deal.

2. What kind of standards do you use to measure your lights?

ANSWER: He did not know and he will get back to me!

I do not have one light where I depend on the manufacturer for battery pack. I much prefer my batteries and charging them.

At least you can use the cr123 for back up.

The light has some impressive output. The warranty sounds great but who will be using the same light 5, 10 years from now? 5 year warranty is good enough for me.

The way I look at it is I have several lights smaller and 75% Cheaper that will out throw it and a few even have more lumens!

GOOD Beam shots/gifs on post #33 in link below:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...hotos-discussion-and-review-in-progress/page2

Last edited:

HIDSGT

Enlightened
LMAO.... no offense but for the price of that light I could buy 6 NEW lights if it happens to fail which is pretty unlikely to begin with. a woping 2400 lumens! woo-hoo

You are paying for the best warranty and customer service on the market and the peace of mind that if something ever goes wrong, they will replace or repair it without any hassles.

But one thing is for sure, that light is definitely not for everyone.

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
I too can't knock people if they are willing to pay that much... but is the supposed superior quality really worth an extra say 600-800 dollars? I'm gonna say no.

What emitter is it using? I couldn't find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.