NFD: Olight Marauder 2

rdnzl

Newly Enlightened
Got this yesterday. I read a great review on here, and it prompted me to buy one. I won't try to do another review of it, but I will say how pleased I am with it. The build quality is top notch, and the beam(s) are both great. I don't mind the rectangular throw beam. It's actually kind of nice and it doesn't have much spill, which is great if the air is misty, dusty, or slightly foggy. The floodlight is really nice. I was out last might annoying my neighbors I would imagine. Lights up basically a whole block, looking down the street, and beyond. I wish it came with a holster. Any ideas on what might work?
IMG_1167.jpeg
IMG_1160.jpeg
IMG_1166.jpeg
IMG_1163 2.jpeg

rotts4u

Newly Enlightened
How much are these available for these days? I have an original version that is flood only and its a great light too

rdnzl

Newly Enlightened
I got it for $235. It's a great light. The rectangular spot really reaches out there, and the flood really flood. I like it better than my Thrunite TN42 which is also a good light.

rdnzl

Newly Enlightened
While it seems like a lot of people like to bash Olight flashlights for some reason, I am coming back to this post to say that this flashlight is my favorite flashlight. It throws a buttload of light, and while chunky, it is not a huge light. I've had it out in the woods at night, and the flood setting will light up the whole woods. Seriously. The spot setting throws it's odd at first, rectangle of light, a LONG way. Very focused, and very effective when you don't want to light up everything, like spotting owls in trees. A very enjoyable flashlight.

While it seems like a lot of people like to bash Olight flashlights for some reason, I am coming back to this post to say that this flashlight is my favorite flashlight. It throws a buttload of light, and while chunky, it is not a huge light. I've had it out in the woods at night, and the flood setting will light up the whole woods. Seriously. The spot setting throws it's odd at first, rectangle of light, a LONG way. Very focused, and very effective when you don't want to light up everything, like spotting owls in trees. A very enjoyable flashlight.
That is an interesting combination of LEDs in shallow reflectors and then one LED in the center that uses a convex lens. (Olight has another new light that uses a lens, Archer.) And it has the new thermal IR sensor that dims down to level 3 if you put the light on some surface or your hand..

It's the same idea that the Acebeam X70 has, a ring of shallow domed LEDs for area lighting, and a dome-less high-density one in a deep reflector in the middle.

The Olight can also act as a power source. It has one of those sneaky USB-C ports that can charge at up to 20V and can also put out 5V3A, 9V3A, 12V2.5A, 15V2A, or 20V1.5A. These new USB-C devies talk to each other, figure out who is the source and who is the destination, then a voltage is requested.

Last edited:

LTBL777

Newly Enlightened
I have one of these in Blue. It really lights up the woods.
Nice light.

LTBL777

Newly Enlightened
Its a great security light. Like when you want to light up your area around your home.
Does anyone know where I can get a spare charging cable and plug?
Im not seeing it on their website or anywhere else.. :(

BrightestBulb

Newly Enlightened
Its a great security light. Like when you want to light up your area around your home.
Does anyone know where I can get a spare charging cable and plug?
Im not seeing it on their website or anywhere else.. :(
Write the company asking to buy one. They will prolly send you one for free. They did for me. Company has top notch customer service.