• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Nichia 219 coming to Peak lights from Oveready

Harry999

Enlightened
That is excellent news! Will you be selling the heads separately?

Sent from my GT-I5800 using Tapatalk 2

GeoBruin

Flashlight Enthusiast
The way I read ElectronGuru's comment above, the lights that are now available on the site contain the new QTC pills, but the Nichia heads are still in production.

I didn't see an option on the website for the nichia 219? Can we specify that later with comments?

Jimbo75

Newly Enlightened
The new QTC pill is a significant improvement over the original design.

I was too slow to grab a aaa eiger with nichia, but I would love to hear about the significant improvement in the QTC, care to elaborate?

Somewhat negative reviews of the old QTC have stopped me pulling the trigger in the past.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
I would love to hear about the significant improvement in the QTC, care to elaborate?

The Gen 2 pill itself is completely redesigned, with both a different container and 'grip' system. The result is better retention inside the body, smoother more consistent output ramping, faster low level recovery, and lower lows.

We're working on a program to provide low cost replacements for Gen 1 owners.

kyhunter1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now that's what I call excellent customer service. First run buyers most always take the initial hit when it comes to lights. Future future run buyers end up with the better lights after the bugs have been taken care of alot of the time.

QUOTE=ElectronGuru;3950625].......We're working on a program to provide low cost replacements for Gen 1 owners.[/QUOTE]

netprince

Enlightened
The Gen 2 pill itself is completely redesigned, with both a different container and 'grip' system. The result is better retention inside the body, smoother more consistent output ramping, faster low level recovery, and lower lows.

We're working on a program to provide low cost replacements for Gen 1 owners.

Thanks for making this available to first generation owners.

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since you can't ship lithium batteries out of the USA anymore, will you have the peak Logan cr123 available with a Nichia? Can't find 10280's

If not I guess I'll hold out till one of your other Nichia product runs comes out ;)

Kevinkw1

Newly Enlightened
Since you can't ship lithium batteries out of the USA anymore, will you have the peak Logan cr123 available with a Nichia? Can't find 10280's

If not I guess I'll hold out till one of your other Nichia product runs comes out ;)

I dont think they come with batteries. I ordered a Peak Eiger AAA x 2 Nichia 219, for delivery to Australia. I think they might have sold out of that run as you cant get it anymore on their website.

Hope the Peak Logan Nichia 219 comes out soon, Its going to be hard to resist getting one of those too!

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, but oveready has 10280's for sale on there site. I have a charger that can charge em but I've never seen 10280 batteries anywhere else. Would that head go with a 10440 aaa body? :eek:oo:

Id prefer the Logan anyway ;)

archimedes

Flashaholic
Yes, but oveready has 10280's for sale on there site. I have a charger that can charge em but I've never seen 10280 batteries anywhere else. Would that head go with a 10440 aaa body? :eek:oo:

Id prefer the Logan anyway ;)

Lighthound also carries 10280 cells .... BTW, the Peak Eiger (10280) will run just fine on a 10440 tube, as well.

Last edited: