• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Nichia 219 coming to Peak lights from Oveready

Diablo_331

Enlightened
Henk_Lu said:
That's weird however, even if QC at Peak may not be up to the task, everything I got from Oveready until now was 101%, top notch. That's mainly their own stuff however, perhaps they trust Peak's QC...

Please don't get me wrong. I have had nothing but wonderful service from Oveready. I can't expect them to examine every little thing that they sell. Something like a few scratches on a stainless steel body are acually pretty hard to notice unless you reallg sit down and have a long look at it. I'm putting this one on Peaks QC, like you mentioned. I've decided to keep the body, as I can't justify the return shipping. So the story goes, I'm still very happy with Oveready and will be making lots more purchases from them in the future.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got my Eiger 219 with SS keychain body. Very nice looking light indeed. Do notice some machining marks all over the body but it is not a deal breaker for me. Love the tint and the smoothness of the beam on this light. Definitely a keeper! Thanks Oveready for getting this out so quickly!

eala

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any idea when the Eiger 10180 219s will be back in stock? Also, when will the new optics be ready?

eala

Last edited:

NightKids

Enlightened
When you go to the Peak website it only says 'High-color Rendering Index (CRI)' LED.

Does that mean they are using Nichia 219 bulbs or something else?

NightKids

Enlightened
Thanks for clearing that up. What LEDs do the Peak LED Solutions use?

The only reason I ask is that international postage for Oveready is more expensive pushing it to over $100 AU

RobertM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I received my Peak Logan with the 219 today.

I have tried and tried, by I cannot get it to do anything but off or high--nothing in between. Since this is my first Peak, I'm not 100% sure, but I'm wondering if perhaps Oveready accidentally sent mine with a non-QTC pill?

Here is what mine looks like on both sides:

Can anyone provide some insight?

Also, there appears to be some dirt or something under the optic. :sigh:

-Robert

GeoBruin

Flashlight Enthusiast
9 minutes. That's speedy service.

And actually, I can't quite tell but it looks like piece of your QTC pill is installed upside down... not leaving any place to actually put the QTC. Unless that's just a machining mark and my eyes are playing tricks on me.

Last edited:

NightKids

Enlightened
How come there doesn't seem to be an option to get a clip for the Logan?

I mean in the picture there's a clip. On the site no matter what config I do, it still says '0 - No clip'

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Tom is working on an improved production process that should make larger more frequent batches a reality. We have no ETA on the first units.

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I can resist no longer!

Just ordered the Nichia 219 and a red XPE version of the Logan from those nice peeps at Oveready.

That's my torch fix done for the month, now how about a sandwich?

Last edited: