Noctigon Meteor M43

chuckhov

Enlightened
Something has got to be wrong with the specs...

CW S4 2B = 4000lm Throw 20kcd

NW 219BT 92CRI = 6300lm Throw 70kcd

Among other specs, but you guys can read...

What's up with that?

Thanks,
-Chuck

chuckhov

Enlightened
Choices, choices...:)

Hard to pick, but I 'think' I am leaning towards S4 2B, or [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]S3 3C.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Gotta love the tint of the 219, but sacrificing a lot of lumens there.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Of course this light has lumens to spare with any emitter, but I do want it to be BRIGHT, or I'll just carry something smaller.

Your thoughts?

Thanks,
-Chuck
[/FONT]

chuckhov

Enlightened
Well, I have an advantage over you - I don't have a TN36:) - If you can call a deficiency like that an advantage:-(

The XP-G2 1D option is only available in De-dome? - I generally like a 1D dome-on for CW as it is on or below the BBL, so 'hopefully' not as much Green as something like a 1B.

Come-on kj2, you know that you need both! :)

Thanks,
-Chuck

kj2

Flashaholic
Well, I have an advantage over you - I don't have a TN36:) - If you can call a deficiency like that an advantage:-(
The XP-G2 1D option is only available in De-dome? - I generally like a 1D dome-on for CW as it is on or below the BBL, so 'hopefully' not as much Green as something like a 1B.
Come-on kj2, you know that you need both! :)
Thanks,
-Chuck
Am looking at the NW S2 1D D-D or the NW XP-L D-D. Like the color temp of the S4 2B, but specs are so close to my TN36vn.
As you said, choices,choices,choices :p

kj2

Flashaholic
From the manual: ... batteries are inserted properly and they are not absolute flat tops. It is desired to use the cell with the highest voltage on a 7.5A load.

I use Eagletac batteries that have a max of 5-6A. Do have Samsung IMR- batteries, but those are flat-tops. So, if I would buy this light, I also have to buy extra batteries.
Sounds I'll let this one pass.

chuckhov

Enlightened
Hey! - That's No Fair, Roger... That's the one I wanted!

Just kidding... Make mine Dark Grey, but no... I haven't ordered yet.

I'm waiting for Richard at Mountain Electronics to start carrying them.

Thanks,
-Chuck

chuckhov

Enlightened
I use Eagletac batteries that have a max of 5-6A. Do have Samsung IMR- batteries, but those are flat-tops. So, if I would buy this light, I also have to buy extra batteries.

Bummer!

Not knowing what I am doing, I devised a plan to buy ALL of my Unprotected in Button Top, as I think that they will work in 'most' cases.

Of course Protected Button Tops can be too damn long for many lights (been there and done that), but at less than 67mm, I don't see the Unprotected buttons as having a problem with length. - Yet.

Of course - Not knowing what I am doing, there may come the day...:-(

Cheer up kj2; Look at the money you are saving, and you gotta know that 6 months from now there will be a New, 'Greatest Thing', just waiting for You!

EDIT: But of course, the Real Reason why I buy the Button Tops, is because they are easier for an old man to tell which end is which:)

Last edited:

kj2

Flashaholic
Of course Protected Button Tops can be too damn long for many lights (been there and done that), but at less than 67mm, I don't see the Unprotected buttons as having a problem with length. - Yet.

Of course - Not knowing what I am doing, there may come the day...:-(

Chere up kj2; Look at the money you are saving, and you gotta know that 6 months from now there will be a New, 'Greatest Thing', just waiting for You!
Will shoot a message to check what the max length is for the batteries.
And for the coming 4-5 months, I won't be needing a flashlight that much ;)
But still keeping an eye on this light.

chuckhov

Enlightened
kj2;4642342 And for the coming 4-5 months said:
Understood - The farther North you are in the Summer of the Northern Hemisphere, the longer the days are going to be.

Here in Florida @28°N, there is sufficient darkness to keep me Broke year round:) - Really not much 'need' for anything right now, what with the Daylight Savings Time and the lengthening days, but you know how it is. - The Dark is Still Out There, and New lights are coming out left and right:)

Thanks,
-Chuck