Noctigon Meteor M43

Transient

Newly Enlightened
No you cannot. Those are flat tops the m43 needs button top

I'm not sure mine are true flat tops, but I just wanted to confirm that my NCR18650GA flat tops work great in this light. The ones that can be seen here:

https://www.fasttech.com/product/2399300-authentic-sanyo-ncr18650ga-3-6v-3500mah

I got the light today and was kind of questioning whether or not they'd work from conversations earlier in the thread, but I'm glad they do. I do have some 20A fast discharge button-top 18650s on the way, but the light has no interruption in power when shaken or dropped a few inches onto my desk with the GAs. Light is plenty bright with the 10A batteries, but I'm still curious if ill notice any difference in performance with the ICR18650HG2s.

This light is my first foray outside of Fenix and 4sevens lights, and I'm pleasantly surprised. A lot of light in a really small package. Really looking forward to the 17,000 lumen 8x 18650 monster later this year. Hopefully it doesn't cost $500 like the X65 is rumored to be and like I'm guessing the Olight X9 will be too.

staticx57

Flashlight Enthusiast
"flat" top GA on the left and true flat top 30Q on the right.

Dzbcaxk.jpg

Glenn7

Flashlight Enthusiast
They're only a little bit better and are quite a bit more money.
Better is better... (you can see it here but I'm not sure if these green sony's are the same as these new ones as they are saying have slightly higher mAh again http://lygte-info.dk/review/batteries2012/Common18650comparator.php) guess I meant next time I need some batteries I might go with them as they are incrementally better - maybe you missed the price but $2.59 extra for 4 x Sony is not quite a bit more?

BTW if anybody is interested in diffusers I use these they are cheap and fit well (but overlap the button a bit) http://www.banggood.com/Flashlight-...light-SR51-M3X-Surefire-M6-UB3T-p-925325.htmls

Last edited:

Stereodude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Better is better... (you can see it here but I'm not sure if these green sony's are the same as these new ones as they are saying have slightly higher mAh again http://lygte-info.dk/review/batteries2012/Common18650comparator.php) guess I meant next time I need some batteries I might go with them as they are incrementally better - maybe you missed the price but $2.59 extra for 4 x Sony is not quite a bit more?
I had compared them from HJK's comparator before. Like I said, they're a little bit better. Flat top 30Qs from BG are $8.49 a pair with a coupon code found here: http://www.m4dm4x.com/, so four are $16.98 shipped to the US. The Sony VT6 are twice as expensive at $34.39 shipped to the US. So, at twice the price and only a little bit better? No thanks, I'd rather have two sets of 30Qs.

doug5551

Newly Enlightened
My M43 arrives today. I got one of the last ones from Mountain.

Anyone who recently got their discounted M43 have any impressions or opinions.

I would love to hear.

niktak11

Newly Enlightened

I would love to hear.
Mine also arrives today. Hopefully the VTC5s charge quickly enough to use it today. I really need a charger that can output more than 4x0.5A :p

Transient

Newly Enlightened

I would love to hear.

I got mine (White XP-G2 S4 2B, 7450lm) 2 days ago and absolutely love it. It pretty much immediately became my favorite light. For $130 it is a steal. It easily blows my LD75C out of the water for brightness, and has a more usable minimum brightness mode while being easily half the size. I was expecting it to be of a little lower build quality overall, but everything is nicely machined. Time will tell its reliability. I've got almost a dozen Fenix lights and a handful of 4sevens lights I haven't had a single issue with over 4 or 5 years, so I'm hopeful it can compete there.

I'm also wishing more of my lights had backlit buttons now. It makes finding it in the dark very easy and I'm sure I'll appreciate that when I get the chance to take it camping.

The basic 3 mode UI is enough for me and I won't miss having a dozen different modes to hunt through. Its so nice to be able to quick tap into firefly mode, double tap into the midrange mode, and short/long hold for turbo. I dont miss mode memory at all and can quickly get the light doing the output level I wanted in the first place.

Anyway, no complaints from me so far. After being so impressed with the M43 I am eagerly awaiting their rumored 17k lumen light and will hold off buying a X65, Olight X9 or a Vinh light until I hear more.

doug5551

Newly Enlightened
Transient...

Thanks for your comments. Mine arrived. White, S2 5A3, 4k and 6600 Lm. My VTC5s are cooking right now. My quick impressions are that it's extremely small and very high build quality.

Thanks for your discussion about the upcoming releases. It matches my beliefs and I am in exact agreement with you.

niktak11

Newly Enlightened
Just opened mine. Damn this thing is small!!!!! My VTC5s came at 3.52V so it'll be awhile before I can turn this baby on

Just curious, are the current numbers for each mode from the manual per triple, per battery, or total current?

The_Driver

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just curious, are the current numbers for each mode from the manual per triple, per battery, or total current?

The current values in the manual are per battery. If you use less than four batteries the current will be higher accordingly.
In Turbo mode each LED gets 2A.

Last edited:

ncvarmint2016

Enlightened
Just used my M43 and noticed the switch button light is flashing once every 2 or so seconds after i turned it off. Never done this before. Is this normal?

mjgsxr

Enlightened
You probably have accidentally activated the charge level indicator when off. You need to fast click 3 times and hold to turn off again. Less likely is the button needs dried out.

Copied this out of the manual,

''3 Fast Clicks and Hold - Button Backlight, uses constant charge level indication by Blue GreenRed in OFF-state''

''If the button backlight flashes slowly and smoothly both in ON-state and OFF-state meansthere is moisture inside the button switch area of the flashlight and it needs to be dried.''