Noctigon Meteor M43

TCY

Enlightened
I have sent my M43 back for repair a couple month back and I had a chance to talk to the owner (he sounded like the owner anyway). I was told that the new Noctigon light would not be available until the end of 2016. They probably ran into some technical difficulties or they are still polishing the final product.

hugodrax

Newly Enlightened
how do you guys like the M43 so far from use? I decided to buy 4 (3 blacks and 1 white) There does seem to be little stock on these lights? Are the discontinued?

torchsarecool

Enlightened
Yea i believe theyre being discontinued now and just running out stock. I bought xpg2 4000k and 5700k and a nichia 219C 5000k. The nichia is sold and the 5700k will be Going soon.....but the 4000k is staying because i love the tint! Just needed to try them all to choose my preference. This is the light which has most influenced my preference of tint. Also im now swaying towards flood lights as theyre more useful. Had nowhere to use my tn42vn, and found it a bit too big for practical use so i sold that today.
So the meteor is awesome, i love the tint, compact size, quality and the look of it. The UI is tricky, but im ok with it.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Also, plus what torchsarecool has posted,

The Noctigon Meteor is one of my favorites. There are smaller, more carryable lights, and there are larger lights with higher performance. But........

The Noctigon Meteor excels at providing great combination of power and throw in its compactness class.

It also is an enduring classic for many other reasons.

It is also available from world-renowned modders with different interface and higher power levels and different selection of emitters.

hugodrax

Newly Enlightened
Interesting looked like I missed out on the initial sales. I ordered 3 black 5700K, 1 white 4000K and 1 white 219CT for 5 lights total.
I really like the way this light is built. reminds me of the arc light of 2000-2004? Anyone remember that small light? ARC-LS??

Last edited:

hugodrax

Newly Enlightened
The lights came in. I have to day, Pictures and videos do no justice to what you actually get. This thing is a beautiful looking work of art in itself. If Apple made a flashlight I would say it would look like the M43 in fit/finish/look. It looks like something that would belong in the the Museum of Arts and Design sitting along side the Eames Chair, and assorted Apple products.

I wonder how many of these lights were actually produced in total?

ZestLight

Newly Enlightened
Count me in. M43 it is! I don't know why I instantly became a flashlight junkie. ¯\_()_/¯ But here I 'm! Going to get the Fenix diffuser as well. Thanks for all the great input!

I got the diffuser a few days ago. Some thoughts below.

The diameter matches on paper but the diffuser is not a perfect fit. It is slightly too small and the plastics is hard, it doesn't flex much. Putting the diffuser into boiling water helped to get it on but some additional hair dryer was needed to make the reshaping permanent. It fits quite well now.

The diffuser works as good as it is supposed to work. To my liking, it could reflect more light to sides (the top is a bit brighter than the sides now - Fenix may have designed it that way on purpose). Other than that, the light is nice and even and the diffuser is compact enough.

On the other hand, Noctigon is also a very floody light. I have only tested the diffuser at home so far. I have white ceilings and I do prefer ceiling bounce here. When comparing the two (ceiling bounce and diffuser), the difference in brightness very small. Diffusor just makes some shadows and looks like a "bright lighting bulb". Ceiling bounce makes it is easier to avoid having a bright spot in one's vision and that is why I prefer it. When there is no white ceilings to utilize, I expect the diffuser to do the work nicely.

I may try to take some photos later if desired.

K2-bk-bl-rd

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just ordered a 4000k! I was hoping to get a Vinh version, but figured I'd try the factory version before I spend the extra money on a V54.

Fra881

Newly Enlightened
I just happened to pick up my Meteor M43 after 3-4 months on inactivity (soft locked with the 6 clicks but not locked out unscrewing the body from the head). The problem is, the light didn't turn on and measuring the cells (LG HG2 practically new) they are at 0.2V. They were left in the light almost completely charged.

I guess I can consider them dead and shouldn't even try to charge them, but how is it possible? Does the M43 have such a high current drain when off or does this imply some problem with my torch?

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just happened to pick up my Meteor M43 after 3-4 months on inactivity (soft locked with the 6 clicks but not locked out unscrewing the body from the head). The problem is, the light didn't turn on and measuring the cells (LG HG2 practically new) they are at 0.2V. They were left in the light almost completely charged.

I guess I can consider them dead and shouldn't even try to charge them, but how is it possible? Does the M43 have such a high current drain when off or does this imply some problem with my torch?

I would contact mtnelectronics or intl-outdoor directly and inform them. I made the mistake of leaving my streamlight flashlight charging next to my bed. My wife needed it and left it on bezel down and left a nice burn mark in The wood. My son used it later (under my wife's supervision) and when the battery died, he threw it in the garbage. Is it possible you're related to someone like that?

Fra881

Newly Enlightened
no, I'm 100% sure the light has stayed off since the last time I correctly turned it off and soft locked with the 6 clicks, about 3-4 months ago..