olight danger with compass

wormyian

Newly Enlightened
i recently checked my compass that i use in case of fog pn the beach so i can get off safely.Luckily at home i noticed my compass has reversed its polarity the strong magnets on the torch have caused this as i sometimes put the torch in my pocket

terjee

Enlightened
With some exceptions, I'm staying clear of lights with magnets. Thank you for sharing, it's a good reminder.
And glad you noticed in time!

wormyian

Newly Enlightened
but it is an awesome light just the magnets are so strong messes with a compass

Boris74

Newly Enlightened
I don't put anything magnetic or electronic of any nature around my compass. H1R and compass in the same pack away from each other and no issues. It's common sense. You wouldn't read a warning sign that says caution electric fence then lick it anyway would ya? Sometimes I wonder though.

rayman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like the idea of having a magnet on your flashlight, so you have the possibility of attaching it to metal, but I like them to be removable.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
My S2 Baton that is kept on my person whenever I have my keys on my person: First thing that I did when I received the light from GG: I removed the curiously strong magnet.

The magnet resides with my magnetic tourist items, immediately adjacent to a magnetic business card size rendition of the Moscow subway map. And yes, I posted a photo of the S2 Baton posing with the Marshal Zhukov monument, in the Around The World Flashlight Selfies thread. :)
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?426225-Question-about-S1-Baton-Magnet&p=5004970

Same today with the S2 Baton. No magnet, and I miss Moscow. I will have to visit again soon.