Olight i7r eos opinions

Gt390

Newly Enlightened
I just ordered one of these. I was a little surprised to find them available as they are no longer in production. Then it occurred to me that I didn't find more than a couple reviews when they first came out. To me it looks like an excellent edc. The UI is just what I want. Progressive 2 levels low to high. Titainium and rechargable.
Are these just overlooked or am I missing something that made them not so popular?

Last edited:

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Olight i7r eos oppinions

I have two of them, identical, which form part of my EDC rotation and which I carry hanging from a leather string around my neck. A larger light is in my pocket.

You might ask why two: if I well remember the second one was a heavily discounted special sale while I was buying another different light so I just added it to the basket ..

These lights have always performed well in their backup task, the beam is clean and powerful for the size. The charging base is slightly temperamental as already noticed for the other bigger lights of this series in that sometimes for no apparent reason it gives out an error signal that is not justified. You disconnect it and connect it again and the error is no longer there.

Coming back the the light what I appreciate is its sturdy construction and limited size. Because of the use I make of it I am not in a position to report as to its resistance to scratching.

To enable charging the light must be placed on its charging dock when it is switched on. For some reason this is not written in the manual probably because they mean that only the back attachment is used as a switch and not the head. In other words the head should always be tightened in at least to the lower level. In my case I additionally unscrew the head as a precaution.

Last edited:

Gt390

Newly Enlightened
Re: Olight i7r eos oppinions

Thanks kilovolt, mine is supposed to arrive today. I am looking forward to carrying it for a while. I edc aaa lights only because they are the only size I always have space for, right in my pocket with change or keys.
I guess there is just not a lot of interest in this particular light. There was discussion about a malkoff aaa a while ago and a lot of people were looking for just this type of UI in a titanium body.
I am glad there are no reports of common problems or anything. I will just enjoy using it if it functions as advertised. It will replace a miller mods arc aaa that has the same UI but would be nearly impossible to replace if lost.