Olight s1a trouble

workinthelight

Newly Enlightened
Hi everyone, my s1a occasionally turns itself off while I'm using it. It seems to happen in both low and high modes, often only seconds after I've turned on the light. Using fully charged eneloops btw. Anyone have advice? It's a good light otherwise and I'm not looking to return it.

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
Once upon a time had an issue with an Olight flashlight. Purchased it on eBay. The light managed to die after several minutes of use. I got in touch with Olight directly as seller started to feed me with "tomorrows". After contacting Olight I understood why — my model has been phased out of production.

Olight asked me for video, serial number, who was the seller (the defective light has been sent to the seller at the moment). After that they sent me a replacement — a new release of the same line with much better parameters. Yay for the Olight customer service! :)

Of course, the process took a couple months to settle the issue. Decide yourself if this is your way to proceed.

P.S.: Even found the video:

Last edited:

workinthelight

Newly Enlightened
Once upon a time had an issue with an Olight flashlight. Purchased it on eBay. The light managed to die after several minutes of use. I got in touch with Olight directly as seller started to feed me with "tomorrows". After contacting Olight I understood why — my model has been phased out of production.

Olight asked me for video, serial number, who was the seller (the defective light has been sent to the seller at the moment). After that they sent me a replacement — a new release of the same line with much better parameters. Yay for the Olight customer service! :)

Of course, the process took a couple months to settle the issue. Decide yourself if this is your way to proceed.

P.S.: Even found the video:

Hmmm, that looks more serious than my issue. I'm glad Olight eventually made it right!