Olight - Shot Show 2016 - New lights

wolfgaze

Enlightened
Imagine the S1, but slightly longer. :D

Hey Marshall (hope I spelled your name correctly)... I enjoy your video reviews on youtube, thanks!

I would love to find out the mode configuration and estimated run times for the S1A - although I imagine that information might not have been available...

Oh and a question for you if your don't mind... Did you by any chance visit the Fenix booth? I can't find any youtube videos online showing footage of their booth and the lights they had on display at the show... Thanks....

Last edited:

carl

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm looking forward to the L5 Pro. It looks about a half-inch shorter than the R40 Seeker which is 5.6 inches. That would make it one of the shortest 1x26650 lights at about 5.2 inches. Also the 3000 lumens is like, wow! We need more single battery boost drivers for the XHP LEDs too.

The downsides, however, are the proprietary battery and proprietary charger. If Olight ever stops making them, then what?

texas cop

Enlightened
I'm looking forward to the L5 Pro. It looks about a half-inch shorter than the R40 Seeker which is 5.6 inches. That would make it one of the shortest 1x26650 lights at about 5.2 inches. Also the 3000 lumens is like, wow! We need more single battery boost drivers for the XHP LEDs too.

The downsides, however, are the proprietary battery and proprietary charger. If Olight ever stops making them, then what?

Olight uses standard Lithium-ion cells and only re-wraps it with their logo. Unlike Streamlight that uses special three plate shells with built in charger over the cells. So any standard 18650/26650 should work.

kj2

Flashaholic
Olight uses standard Lithium-ion cells and only re-wraps it with their logo. Unlike Streamlight that uses special three plate shells with built in charger over the cells. So any standard 18650/26650 should work.

Olight does use a proprietary battery for a few lights. The R20 and R40 for example.

carl

Flashlight Enthusiast
I sure hope the L5 pro has a beacon for the side switch so we can find the button in the dark. Otherwise, side buttons are rather difficult to find quickly in comparison to tail buttons. Power consumption to power the beacon shouldn't be much of a concern since the light has a charger base which makes recharging really simple and the beacon is a low-power item anyway.

I also wonder if, at 3000 lumens, it has a XHP70 LED.

YouTube on the L5 Pro:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLIKYDDxnZg

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast
Olight does use a proprietary battery for a few lights. The R20 and R40 for example.
That is correct, but they can also use standard batteries. If using a standard 26650 in the R40 you just can't charge it in the light. Only the proprietary battery will charge in that light.

carl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is the latest 2016 Olight video from the IWA show:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0_nausqCFw

The L5 Pro is stated as having 3200 lumens and appears to have an XHP70 LED.

There is a newer version of the R40 with 2500 lumens from what appears to be an XHP50 LED. It is also a bit shorter than the current R40.

Some new headlamps too.

Good stuff coming ahead this year for Olight!

Duramarks

Newly Enlightened
Is there any word on release dates? Or is there a website with more information? I need to start saving for that X9

creeboy

Newly Enlightened
I haven't heard any new news about the L5 Pro. Anyone have any update on when this flashlight might be available?

kj2

Flashaholic
Heads up!

3aa54961229de2172e49206dae44e078.jpg
4fcbf5704ef3644c9e088491efc570b5.jpg

olemil

Newly Enlightened
Just got an email from battery junction on the R50 seeker Pro, expected delivery on 11/11. Very tempting!!

creeboy

Newly Enlightened
So the L5 Pro shown in the shot show videos, is now renamed the R50 pro seeker?

Latest posts