Olight Titaninum Infinitum Limited Edition Registry

BabyDoc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think that as long as it has the R2 in it, and it is priced right, an aluminum version should do well. However, if it is priced above the EX10 and the LF3XT, I would doubt it could compete. The big thing going for the Infinitum is its brighter, neutral tinted emitter and greater throw. The other lights also ramp yet have more modes of operation which evens the playing field to some extent if you are counting the competing light features or advantages. If the aluminum infinitum can retail in the $55 to $60 range, it should do well.

The only problem within the Olight Line itself would be an aluminum Infinitum has the exact same body as the T-10, except for the the tactical forward clicky. I would add more aggressive knurling to make an aluminum Infinitum distinctively different from both the T10 and the Titanium Infinitum. I don't believe that the aluminum infinitum should replace the T10, since there are people who may want the SOS and strobe options that the Infinitum lacks. Yet, the Aluminum Infinitum will appeal to another group of people who feel simple is more.

naked2

Enlightened
It's a long story but basically #88 was wanted by another distributor for personal use so we got 1-87 and 89-101 instead of 1-100.

There were a handful of personalized lights made for distributors, etc that are outside of the 200 unit serialized run. Review samples, spare parts, etc.
The number 8 is a very lucky number to the Chinese, as was made common knowledge when the Beijing Olympics opened on 8/8/08. I could see why someone in a position to be able to request a specific serial number would ask for 088, but what about 008, did that go to a CPFer Matt?

Also Matt, do you know if 088 is bead blasted, making it an even 100 of each type? I would like to include this information in the OP.

Thanks, Tony

P.S. I would like to see an Al Infinitum, especially if it would insure that no more "runs" of the Ti Infinitum were made, helping keep our lights as rare as possible! I wouldn't mind if the body were the same as the Ti Infinitum, just as I don't mind my Ti Infinitum having the same body as my T10, even though they are very different lights.

You could even call it something like the T10 v.2, or T11, and not have "Infinitum" in the name at all, and just add "infinitely variable brightness adjustment" to the list of features. Then you could also have a T15 v.2, or T16, and keep the "Infinitum" name unique to our lights! (Can you tell I'm biased, and want to keep the 200 Titanium Infinitum's as "special" as possible!) :kiss:

JAG

Newly Enlightened
i try it once again.
mine is:

#143 of 200
bead blasted.
green filter and agfa-cr123 included

AA6TZ

Enlightened
My pleasure. :)

So, do you think we should offer an Aluminum version?

Hello, Matt! :wave:

Aluminum? I'm sure it would sell - and likely well.

Perhaps at some point in the future, when contemplating which material to use in the construction of a top-of-the-line, no-holds-barred collectable version . . . Platinum always makes for a "nice" touch. :thumbsup:

Cheers! :twothumbs

-Clive

AA6TZ

Enlightened
I'm sorry, but I have one special version engraved by Olight. Instead of a number it shows my username. :twothumbs

In your List it has to be: redled of 200
(My username at tacticalforum.de)

RainerWahnsinn -- You've got a superb edition . . . much more personalized than the ones sporting serial numbers ("X of 200"). It may not command the asking price of serialized versions at some future point in time, but it's such a gorgeous little gem of a torch that I (personally) couldn't care less. Enjoy your new Infinitum, my man! :twothumbs

-Cheers!

-Clive

JML

Enlightened
What about a stainless steel version, with a brushed finish? The wall thickness would be less than an aluminum version, and more like the titanium version. That would surely set it apart from the competition. But it would be heavier.

Hitthespot

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would buy a Stainless Steel Version in two seconds as long as it locked out and all the other features were the same. It would be my EDC for sure as long as it LOCKED OUT.

Bill

JML

Enlightened
Hey, Matt, if you and Olight do the stainless, and if they're numbered and limited, please reserve the first number (after yours) for me... :thumbsup: Please! :D

naked2

Enlightened
Back on topic though;:poke: has anyone else out there, here, or in Europe or Asia, received your Titanium Infinitum yet? :D

KiwiMark

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would buy a Stainless Steel Version in two seconds as long as it locked out and all the other features were the same. It would be my EDC for sure as long as it LOCKED OUT.

Bill

Wouldn't SS lack the lock out feature for the same reason as Ti? As I understand it we gain a lock out feature on most lights due to the HA finish on Al not conducting electricity, other metals like Ti, SS, silver, gold or platinum just wouldn't have that characteristic.

For when I need lock out I will probably stick with my Jet-I EDC, but in some pockets it is not likely to be an issue, so I think I will EDC either my Jet-I or Infinitum or both - as the situation dictates.

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am also for a "normal" version of this light, called T10 2009 Infinitum! :twothumbs

The UI ist just perfect, ingenius, for those who can make it without SOS and strobe. I would put in a Q5 though, R2s are still rare and expensive. S, what I mean, ist just the 2008 version of the T10 with the UI of the Titanium. They could sell the 2008 version besides it.

No, I wouldn't buy one, we currently have one 2008 and two Titaniums... Though, a "normal" version with that UI would make sense! :crazy:

Coalman

Newly Enlightened
#006 of 200, polished, red filter.

I saw a post here about the European version on 12/11/08, followed the link to Battery Junction and ordered. Polished Titanium!!!

Sorry for posting so late, I didn't receive the light until 12/26

Note: Just before I ordered, I checked Olights site and they had listed
another titanium light, single aaa, with a simple "squared" profile.
I checked back a few days later and it was gone.
Anybody ever heard of this light?

Hitthespot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wouldn't SS lack the lock out feature for the same reason as Ti? As I understand it we gain a lock out feature on most lights due to the HA finish on Al not conducting electricity, other metals like Ti, SS, silver, gold or platinum just wouldn't have that characteristic.

For when I need lock out I will probably stick with my Jet-I EDC, but in some pockets it is not likely to be an issue, so I think I will EDC either my Jet-I or Infinitum or both - as the situation dictates.

I believe you are right. That is why I specifically said I will ONLY buy it if it locks out. The Olight Web page for the Infinitum listed the light as locking out. Is a matter of fact it still does! I was a little disappointed after I received the light to find out it did not lock out. This light will be more of a shelf queen now because any light I place in my pocket will turn on without the lockout feature. I am not sorry I bought the light and I do really like it, I'm just disapointed it didn't lock out.

Bill

naked2

Enlightened
I checked Olights site and they had listed
another titanium light, single aaa, with a simple "squared" profile.
I checked back a few days later and it was gone.
Anybody ever heard of this light?
I have not, but I'll sure add your 006 to the registry! :thumbsup:

You sure picked a great light, and I'm glad you picked this thread to make your first post in! :welcome:

Tony

Last edited:

naked2

Enlightened
#006 of 200, polished, red filter.
BTW, except for MattK's 001 (of battery junction, who made it possible for you to purchase your light!) you have the lowest serial # registered thus far! :D Beginners luck? :shrug:

This light will be more of a shelf queen now because any light I place in my pocket will turn on without the lockout feature.
Maybe you can make an exception for this one and holster her! All of my EDCs are clicky, most with lockout, but I only use it if the light is to be packed in a backpack, gear bag, suitcase, etc. I always holster my EDC, and to lock it out, in effect, is to turn it into a twisty, which is not for me.

easilyled

Flashaholic
I believe you are right. That is why I specifically said I will ONLY buy it if it locks out. The Olight Web page for the Infinitum listed the light as locking out. Is a matter of fact it still does! I was a little disappointed after I received the light to find out it did not lock out. This light will be more of a shelf queen now because any light I place in my pocket will turn on without the lockout feature. I am not sorry I bought the light and I do really like it, I'm just disapointed it didn't lock out.

Bill

My edcs are carried in my pocket. However they are always in pouches to keep them pristine.

I have a pouch that's the right size for the Infinitum and there is very little
chance of it lighting up when its in the pouch because the stiffness of the
fabric of the pouch prevents this from happening.