Operation Enlightenment III

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast
UPDATE!!!

Two more boxes have arrived "over there."

This is the body of a thank you email that was sent to CPF by way of Kevin:

" I want to thank you kindly for the care package of flashlights and radios. That's our kind of care package. As soon as I opened the boxed they were all snatched up by my troops with great enthusiasm. And I know that your gifts will be put to good use, lighting the way in the dark of night and carrying the comforting broadcasts of home

So our donations continue to arrive, and continue to provide great moral support - and practical assistance. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

(I have posted this note at Kevins request, as he is currently bogged down
in a battle with an energetic pink creature of some sort.)

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
Kevin has another great raffle going, get a load of those terrific prizes!

Batterystation.com Hellfire Fundraiser Raffle

[ QUOTE ]
Hellfire Fundraiser Raffle

This will be the last raffle prior to Christmas probably. Having confirmed arrival of the July 4th shipment to Iraq, we are doing this raffle. It is simple. ALL proceeds pay for lights, batteries, cases, coffee, etc. to be sent to the address in Iraq listed below. Anything originating from us is done at our cost. Raffle tickets are $8 each ($16/2 $24/3, etc.) by Paypal and the first three drawings by Ashley on Monday, Aug 1 are as follows:

First Prize is a gray Aleph (2x123 turbohead two stage tail) donated by Don McLeish.

Second Prize is a green Aleph (2x123 turbohead two stage tail) donated by Don McLeish.

Third Prize is a Pelican M6 "3 Watt" LED HA3 #2390 Serial # 005.(Luxeon III, 2x123)

Please note in subject of Paypal "RAFFLE". We will confirm your entry by email. The raffle ends on midnight July 30th. Any Paypals after that will be refunded. Shipping worldwide by global priority mail is included except for the few places we just cannot ship anything. Thank you for your support of our fine troops of the Hellfire Squadron. Paypal [email protected]

[/ QUOTE ]

Flashlightboy

Enlightened
Gadzooks, there are some very nice prices for the winners!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wow.gif

Thanks Kevin for your hard work.

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/paypal.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/paypal.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/paypal.gif (Three tickets.)

659437.jpg

Luxman

Enlightened
Paypal sent for two tickets...good cause /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Raffle / Awesome Prizes

Prize #1 - John B (Australia)
Prize #2 - Brandan Baker
Prize #3 - Matthew Hazard
Prize #4 - John B (Australia)

ALLRIGHT - Good to see an international winner!

Congrats to the winners - and thanks to all who bought tickets - and Megga thanks to those who donated prizes!!!

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Raffle / Awesome Prizes

[ QUOTE ]
Stainless said:
Prize #1 - John B (Australia)
Prize #2 - Brandan Baker
Prize #3 - Matthew Hazard
Prize #4 - John B (Australia)

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, John B is a double winner! Congratulations to the winners! Thanks to The Battery Station, donors and participants in this good cause.

PS: Hey Brandan... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/party.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/party.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/party.gif

Greengoose

Newly Enlightened
Desert

Guess whos going back to the Hellfire Squadron from Sept 17th-Dec17th? ME! I guess I need to catch up on this thread and I will be soon chatting to all you again from the sand box.

(I just noticed my Reg date: 17 Dec 03. I will be over there for the 2yr anniversary of the post that started this whole thing. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif)

Greengoose

Newly Enlightened
Re: Desert

Too good to be true...Im NOT going to IRAQ anymore!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gifThey are sending me to Afganistan for the Holidays./ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rant.gif Oct 7th-Jan 7th. Never been there before...I'm sure it will have less mortars. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

Wolfen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Desert

Good luck. Let Kevin have your address so we can send some goodies over !

Greengoose

Newly Enlightened
Arrived in Afganistan yesterday. I brought an assortment of lights.
EDC Ultimate 60
2 cell lith twintask
Inova X5
Inova X1
ARC aaa
Pelican 3W
Pelican M6 LED
Surefire M6
Pelican 1W headlamp
A red Larry (TVODRD) mini LED light
A dual stage Larry (TVODRD) mini white LED light

I was issued a 5 D-cell Mag light when I arrived, I chuckled and opened my backpack full of lights. Instant favorites were the Larry lights (of course). The 3W Pelican and the EDC Ultimate 60. I've only been here one dark night and my favorites are the EDC due to its instant brightness selectability and larry's red mini LED. More later....

I expect to return back in Jan 06. ( I have another one in the oven....Ive got 3 boys currently. Ages 4, 2 and 17 months...we should find out the gender of the new baby sometime next month.....think pink!)

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello Bryan,

Congratulations on your upcoming new family member.

It looks like you went over there well prepared. I smiled when I looked over your list. It seems we have had a good influence over you.

When I read you were issued a 5 D Mag Lite, I was immediately concerned that you were in an area where you were expecting hand to hand combat... Then I realized that they expected you to use it for light. :D

Stay safe.

Tom

Last edited:

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Goose!
Ran into one of your buddies back in Sept. 04 in "Mortarittaville". He noticed my 2D Mag was "not stock" (madmax+ R2H Luxeon) and mentioned it. After we talked a bit he mentioned "an internet club that builds flashlights" and brought up Operation Enlightenment. He told me that he was given a large, high output light that saved his butt when he got back to the states. He went with some friends boating and a large storm kicked up... the large light took away the darkness and lit their way to shore. He gave kudos to the CPF for hooking him up and saving his butt on both sides of the ocean.
Good to hear you are in Afghanistan, mortarittaville is always amusing as always so my next trip I would prefer Afghanistan for a change of pace. You got a 5D Mag and I was given an X5... I have my bag of lights already to go along with my NiMH AA/AAA batteries, Lithium AA/AAA batteries and other things. The 8AA to 2D LuxeonV nFlex variable output Mag is waiting to prove itself in the desert (or dustbowl) My next rotation is over the summer months so it should prove the ability of the LED lights to keep themselves cool.
All I have to worry about is keeping myself cool. Keep your head down, bunkers are your friend and keep a few batteries charged up for your endevors. Good luck and keep us posted on how you are doing.

batterystation

Enlightened
Good to hear Bryan got there safely. I am sure his lights were a hit. I did get a message from him and I am sure he will keep us posted. I have been letting a few things pile up over recent weeks but will be sending another small box to the Hellfire gang in a week or so. Thanks guys for the donated lights and tools/blades. If Bryan needs anything, I am sure he will let us know so we can fix him up. I used that phrase somewhere in the past. Hmmmm. I did also send a small assortment to five guys in Afganistan who I found requesting CR123A batts on the www.anysoldier.com website. You can get LOST reading that site. Wow. More later.
Kevin

Greengoose

Newly Enlightened
I may be getting a "call sign". I carry a radio all the time to respond to maintenance calls. My job call sign is Link Guy. I was messing with my lights in front of the 2nd senior security guy and he said he is going to try to get my call sign changed to either Flashlight Guy or Lumen. I'll let you know how it turns out.