• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Orders - Programmable Hotwire Regulated Driver drop-in for D-M@g

Alan B

Flashlight Enthusiast
Received it. Thanks!

Also received sockets from donn_.

And parameters from william lafferty.

Things are moving!! lovecpf

Roland's package is ready, awaiting that special trip to the post office. I just love making foreign shipments. It is so much fun to go the post office and wait in line and fill out forms. :( :shakehead Maybe I can talk the wife into it...

More spacers and Delrin for a better cutting jig arrived today.:thumbsup:

I just put in the code for the duty cycle calibration option. Still cleaning up this version. Will test it when I calibrate the next regulators. Still compiles error free, takes about 35% of the chip codespace. Will have to think of something to fill the chip up... NOT. Not yet anyway. :whistle:

I have some higher precision control code partially completed, but that will probably not get finished right now. Eventually I plan to have an option for the present 8 bit control and a high precision 10+ bit control. We'll see just how useful it is (and how much codespace that eats up).:party:

Well, I've had enough fun on here for now, need to get back to the shop...

donn_

Flashaholic
I just love making foreign shipments. It is so much fun to go the post office and wait in line and fill out forms. :( :shakehead Maybe I can talk the wife into it...

Alan, that is so 20th century! The only time i go to the PO is when I have to insure the package for more than $500 (online limit).

USPS or Paypal enable you to print all your postage and customs forms online, and you can even schedule free home pickup by the mailman. All the supplies you need can be ordered online, and are free, including delivery to your home.

Try it...you'll like it!

Alan B

Flashlight Enthusiast
Alan, that is so 20th century! The only time i go to the PO is when I have to insure the package for more than $500 (online limit).

USPS or Paypal enable you to print all your postage and customs forms online, and you can even schedule free home pickup by the mailman. All the supplies you need can be ordered online, and are free, including delivery to your home.

Try it...you'll like it!

I do that most of the time, but there are many problems. Lots of irrelevant questions to answer. No insurance accepted online to most countries, the printed out forms are too large for small packages, and they only accept a few characters which are often insufficient to describe the contents. They take weeks to deliver the forms to your home, too. UPS is better but the foreign rates are INCREDIBLE. These days I generally print out the postage and then take that and the package to the post office to get insurance. Then we still get to stand in line, and they charge more for postage (we lose the internet postage discount) and generally the post office person has a lot of trouble dealing with the mixed transaction so we get to meet a supervisor and help train the postal employee. It is a wonderful experience. I really look forward to it. Our post office is only open a few hours on Saturday that I'm not at work, otherwise I could never go.

The other day I shipped a box to France. Took about an hour total. Got to meet a Post Office Supervisor. Cost about $150. It was a big box. I can see why folks don't want to do it. It is not a fun experience, and it takes more time than it should.

donn_

Flashaholic
I do that most of the time, but there are many problems. Lots of irrelevant questions to answer. No insurance accepted online to most countries, the printed out forms are too large for small packages, and they only accept a few characters which are often insufficient to describe the contents.

Interesting...I've never had these problems. I use Priority Mail International, which is insurable to most locations. I just checked England, Germany and Japan, and it's the same $7.40 to insure at $500 to each of them. The only necessary form comes off the printer, and the only supplies needed are the USPS-provided box and self-sticking envelope to stick the printed forms in. All I ship are flashlights, flashlight parts and fishing lures, so I've never had a problem describing the contents of the packages. I order ~3 month's worth of supplies at a time, and it's never taken more than 2 weeks to get them.

Alan B

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just my luck. :sigh:

Maybe it will be easier with flashlights. Hope so. My other packages are bigger and harder to deal with in several respects.

Back to the PHD. Last night I successfully soldered one of the spacers onto the pc board. Need to do more testing, but this may help reduce assembly effort slightly.

More progress on cleaning up the program. Little stuff mostly this time.

Alan B

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got all mine today. They are beautiful. It has been years waiting for something like this. Just spectacular work.

Thanks, Lux. Maybe you can do some of your excellent photography on them. I took some photos but didn't have time to set up good lighting and they aren't all that impressive. I need to set up a more permanent spot to take product photos and do a better job with them.

Lux's review is linked in my signature line below.

Alan B

Flashlight Enthusiast
Roland's package is ready to go. Printed out the paperwork. It did not allow me to buy insurance. So if we want that it requires standing in line at the PO and losing the online discount. Then it would certainly go over the amount collected for postage. Not sure if we should do insurance. The two times insurance was owed me they never paid it anyway.

BSBG

Enlightened
Anxiously standing by as well - my 12AA 3D host has arrived from Fivemega :D.

donn_

Flashaholic
OK, Alan:

Here are my parameters for the first 2 sleds:

6S 26670 Emoli cells (22.2V)
17.3V MAX
Appropriate (Safe & Conservative) V MIN

5S 26650 A123 cells (16.5V)
15V MAX

What else do I need to tell you?

Please put my third sled into Wave 10.

Alan B

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK, Alan:

Here are my parameters for the first 2 sleds:

6S 26670 Emoli cells (22.2V)
17.3V MAX

5S 26650 A123 cells (16.5V)
15V MAX

What else do I need to tell you?

Please put my third sled into Wave 10.

Great. I will use slow ramping and all features. Did you want run timeout? Did you want basic flashlight mode when locked out?

Latest posts