• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Oveready Unified P60 Hosts

Random Dan

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is stop-bored. How does that change what drop in to purchase from PFlex Pro?
They offer the normal version for solarforce hosts and a short version for surefire. Here's from the description:

[FONT=&quot]The standard length version is best for most P60 hosts like Solarforce and Surefire hosts that have been bored for use with an 18650 battery. If you're Surefire is 'stop bored', its best to use the short version (If a Surefire is 'stop bored', an 18650 battery will not pass through the drop in opening into the battery tube),[/FONT]

mk2rocco

Flashlight Enthusiast
Really liking the P20! A P35 and P70 would be awesome, the P20 just carries better because there is no hard edge to snag when clipping the light to you pants pocket.

734a84eee28aca29d3515a6fb2fd7fd5.jpg

jdboy

Enlightened
Really liking the P20! A P35 and P70 would be awesome, the P20 just carries better because there is no hard edge to snag when clipping the light to you pants pocket.

734a84eee28aca29d3515a6fb2fd7fd5.jpg

I agree, the Z20 looks outstanding and with the aggressive knurling on the new tail cap I'm sure it makes for a very nice twistie.

One thing I'm finding I really like about my Z70 and the stepped body is how well you can hold and use the light in a cigar grip. I've carried it now with me for 3 days at work and it's quickly becoming a new favorite. To be honest though I think for my needs I'd be better suited with a P60 drop-in utilizing a H17F or Icarus driver. As much as I like the V5 that's in it at the moment I like the instant access to high as well as on demand mode customization without needing a computer/smart phone.

Edit: just want to clarify that I'm not putting off the V5 driver in any means.

Last edited:

Random Dan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's my Z70 rocking a Fivemega tailcap and a PFlexPro H17F / Nichia 219C drop in. This is swiftly becoming my favorite P60 light!
37911414865_512e6d14f4_c.jpg

38081440464_258bb496cf_c.jpg

Anybody know a source for Surefire style grip rings? I was hoping to use some that I scavenged from a Solarforce but they are too big to fit tightly.

Dead Reckoning

Newly Enlightened
Recently recieved the Z35 host and am really liking its simplicity. My only issue at the moment is that I cannot get the V5 triple to work in it. Very strange. The V5 works in other Oveready style lego hosts. It appears that the 18350's that I have tried are making good contact with the switch and Engine coil. Tried changing out different switches...still nada.

Anyone have any ideas? Might be something really simple that I'm just missing.

Last edited:

jdboy

Enlightened
Recently recieved the P35 host and am really liking its simplicity. My only issue at the moment is that I cannot get the V5 triple to work in it. Very strange. The V5 works in other Oveready style lego hosts. It appears that the 18350's that I have tried are making good contact with the switch and Engine coil. Tried changing out different switches...still nada.

Check the battery contact spring on the drop-in and the contact spring on the switch end. This host seems to be very generous in length so with some shorter cells you may need to stretch the contact springs a little. Not saying this is your problem but just something to look into. Also you can remove the tail-cap and with the battery in place use a jumper wire to make sure the drop-in is making contact with the body. Just touch the jumper wire to the negative end of the battery and the non anodized portion of the host.

U2v5

Newly Enlightened
Check the battery contact spring on the drop-in and the contact spring on the switch end. This host seems to be very generous in length so with some shorter cells you may need to stretch the contact springs a little. Not saying this is your problem but just something to look into. Also you can remove the tail-cap and with the battery in place use a jumper wire to make sure the drop-in is making contact with the body. Just touch the jumper wire to the negative end of the battery and the non anodized portion of the host.

Try the jumper! Sounds like the tail cap needs to be tightened down more... keep us posted. 🤓

Dead Reckoning

Newly Enlightened
Ok. Removed the tail cap switch and used a jumper wire to the battery and neg end to non anodized part. Came on. Sooooooo I guess I can assume its the contact spring on the tail switch? How far out can I stretch it without it snapping?

jdboy

Enlightened
Ok. Removed the tail cap switch and used a jumper wire to the battery and neg end to non anodized part. Came on. Sooooooo I guess I can assume its the contact spring on the tail switch? How far out can I stretch it without it snapping?

First off, do you have another battery that might be a bit longer in overall length?

Since the jumper worked for you my next question is, do you have a multi-meter or some way to check the switch for continuity?

If not,

Do you have any magnets? You can place one on the negative end of the battery then screw the tail-cap all the way on to see if that gives you enough length. If not try putting the battery in and screw the tail-cap all the way on. Now shake the light and listen carefully for battery movement. This will be a good indication that the springs are too short for the battery in question.

U2v5

Newly Enlightened

Be sure to check that the cap insert is making contact with the body before stretching springs! 🤔

Dead Reckoning

Newly Enlightened
All my 18350s are about the same size. I have three switches from Oveready. Tried them all with Negative results. They all work in other set-ups and hosts. Shook the crap out of it with three different switches while going full clicks madness. Negative....... HARRUMPH.....

First off, do you have another battery that might be a bit longer in overall length?

Since the jumper worked for you my next question is, do you have a multi-meter or some way to check the switch for continuity?

If not,

Do you have any magnets? You can place one on the negative end of the battery then screw the tail-cap all the way on to see if that gives you enough length. If not try putting the battery in and screw the tail-cap all the way on. Now shake the light and listen carefully for battery movement. This will be a good indication that the springs are too short for the battery in question.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic

Sorry for the difficulty. Most likely the stronger spring on the v5 is combining with a longer battery and forcing the v5 neg contact ring off of the hosts neg contact surface.

I'll need to ship you a spring washer. In the meantime do you have a spring washer or shorter battery to try?

jdboy

Enlightened
Sorry for the difficulty. Most likely the stronger spring on the v5 is combining with a longer battery and forcing the v5 neg contact ring off of the hosts neg contact surface.

I'll need to ship you a spring washer. In the meantime do you have a spring washer or shorter battery to try?

Could he test this by removing the bezel with the drop-in left in place and press it slightly with switch activated?

mk2rocco

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had the same thing happen with my V70 host and a quad dropin. I used the spring washer from the P20 host and all is well. I just need another spring washer now.