• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Oveready Unified P60 Hosts

Dead Reckoning

Newly Enlightened
I do not. Thanks for the response, Dan!

Sorry for the difficulty. Most likely the stronger spring on the v5 is combining with a longer battery and forcing the v5 neg contact ring off of the hosts neg contact surface.

I'll need to ship you a spring washer. In the meantime do you have a spring washer or shorter battery to try?

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Update

Our original testing showed that the P20 Unified Host benefited from spring washers and the Z35 did not. But this testing was based on a single set of batteries that have not shown to be representative. Longer batteries also benefit from spring washers on the Z35.

We are now shipping free spring washer kits to all Z35 owners.

When yours arrives, please remove your current kit and follow these steps:

insert spring washer
insert dropin (not included)
insert one (thinner) oring
insert lens
insert second (thinner) oring
thread in and tighten bezel ring
test

Dead Reckoning

Newly Enlightened
Just got the package today. Everything is now working as advertised. Thanks for squaring this away.

Update

Our original testing showed that the P20 Unified Host benefited from spring washers and the Z35 did not. But this testing was based on a single set of batteries that have not shown to be representative. Longer batteries also benefit from spring washers on the Z35.

We are now shipping free spring washer kits to all Z35 owners.

When yours arrives, please remove your current kit and follow these steps:

insert spring washer
insert dropin (not included)
insert one (thinner) oring
insert lens
insert second (thinner) oring
thread in and tighten bezel ring
test

Croquette

Enlightened
Hi,

Quick question : is the Z70 compatible with the 18350 and 18650 extender ? It will not be pretty but it's useful for extended runtime.

Could someone post picture of the Z70 and Z35 next to a classic 6p or moddoolar bodies ?

Thank you.

Scribe

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

Quick question : is the Z70 compatible with the 18350 and 18650 extender ? It will not be pretty but it's useful for extended runtime.

Could someone post picture of the Z70 and Z35 next to a classic 6p or moddoolar bodies ?

Thank you.
Here you go
7bf7c5c3e83583bb9d50259f9902cf91.jpg

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Update

Z70 models are almost sold out. More are already in production but there will be a period with no availability

Shorter models are proving less popular and may not be made again

Crajcsok

Newly Enlightened
Can any p60 drop in be used with the z35 host or do you need to use an oveready p60 drop in with it?
I have a sportac p60 drop in currently that I need to use, will this work in the z35 host?
Thanks

Random Dan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can any p60 drop in be used with the z35 host or do you need to use an oveready p60 drop in with it?
I have a sportac p60 drop in currently that I need to use, will this work in the z35 host?
Thanks
Welcome to CPF!

Any P60 should work. I run a PFlexPro unit in mine.

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ordered a v5 triple drop in with the unified Z70 host. I struggled with the tail cap options, but I decided to forego the deep pocket carry tail cap. Not really interested in a clip. I'll run it with a tricap for now, although I may switch to a z41 in the future. Looking forward to receiving this! It will be my first Oveready flashlight.