P60 sized led drop-ins (part 3)

Wiggle

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm getting a Solarforce L2 and some drop ins. I had one last question, how big of a deal is it to change dropins? Is it likely to wear down the light a bit if you change them very often?

Fizz753

Newly Enlightened
I'm getting a Solarforce L2 and some drop ins. I had one last question, how big of a deal is it to change dropins? Is it likely to wear down the light a bit if you change them very often?

Wear should not be too much of an issue unless you REALLY mean "very often". Its pretty easy to change them out, unscrew the bezel, take the old one out, drop in the new one and screw the bezel back on, all done! Just make sure the threads are lubed and you don't cross thread the parts and you should be fine.

Last edited:

Wiggle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good to hear, I'm going for the L2 with the 18650 extension and forward clicky. Getting DX12501 to see what I think of the warmer colour temperature and if I like it I may go spendy and get the M60W MC-E.

steveG

Enlightened
Sorry for the newbie question guys, but I searched and can't find what I'm looking for.

Anyone know of a runtime chart for the 6090? How about other DX drop-ins?

Thanks!

robmints

Newly Enlightened
Please don't beat me too bad for asking this. I've searched and read and don't understand much of it.

Looking to get brighter output from my 6pl. I'm not very smart and am looking for a simple way to get more light. I can't keep track of how long the light has been used for so I think I want regulated batteries. I don't care if the light just drops off but I spend a lot of time with diminished light output while waiting for the batteries to die enough to warrant replacement, I would rather bright and then dead.

M60 with 2 regular 123 batteries?
or
M60 with 2 rcr123?
or
M60 with 1 18670 (I don't mind boring out to 18mm)?

Or something else real easy?

Thanks for your patience and understanding in answering such a simple question that I can't seem to find the answer to.

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
well answer to this question is actually a race to....

...AW batteries sold here in the marketplace...

robmints

Newly Enlightened
Thank you. I did some more searching and ordered 2 aw18650 and a pila charger. Got all from bugout. They had both and shipping was reasonable, that beat out better pricing and 2 shipping charges from separate places.

But I have been kind of disappointed in the light output from this light, (SF6pl) expected more for the price. I really like the durability and quality of the housing, hope the M30 does the trick.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
But I have been kind of disappointed in the light output from this light, (SF6pl) expected more for the price. I really like the durability and quality of the housing, hope the M30 does the trick.

The M30 will smoke the P60L, note that the 6PL can not host 18650 cells. 17670 will work fine though.

Last edited:

robmints

Newly Enlightened
The M30 will smoke the 6PL, note that the 6PL can not host 18650 cells. 17670 will work fine though.

I just drilled it out with a 23/32 drill. Ended up about 18.2mm. I have read and read and can't figure out if I should have gotten 18650's or 18670's. But I could not find 18670's or much info on them so I bought the aw 18650's that say they are regulated. But I thought the 2mm difference between the 650's and the 670's was some kind of regulating wafer in the 670's. So I have no idea, just hope I don't blow up. There is so much info here the search function is near impossible to use, I feel like I should have hired a guide to lead me through the maze of CPF.

Thanks for looking out for me kramer5150, I can use all the help I can get. And I appreciate it too.

Chrontius

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are there any production MC-E or P7 modules other than the Malkoffs? I'd love one, but even if I closed my bank account I couldn't swing one right now. :mecry:

CampingLED

Enlightened
I just drilled it out with a 23/32 drill. Ended up about 18.2mm. I have read and read and can't figure out if I should have gotten 18650's or 18670's. But I could not find 18670's or much info on them so I bought the aw 18650's that say they are regulated. But I thought the 2mm difference between the 650's and the 670's was some kind of regulating wafer in the 670's. So I have no idea, just hope I don't blow up. There is so much info here the search function is near impossible to use, I feel like I should have hired a guide to lead me through the maze of CPF.

Thanks for looking out for me kramer5150, I can use all the help I can get. And I appreciate it too.

You may have mixed the numbers up and were probably looking for 17670 batteries. With a 17670 there was no need to drill, but the 18650 gives move capacity and is a more "common" battery. Also see this forum http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=9

schiesz

Flashlight Enthusiast
What about D26 drop-ins for 1.5-3.0V? I have an M30, and it is incredible, but i'd really like to have something with a lower output for a single alkaline or a single primary. As far as I know, the M30 is as close as you can get for this, but I don't want or need that blinding output all the time. Now that there are quite a few 3P sized options for D26 modules out there, I would think this would be a viable market.

fishx65

Enlightened
I'm a little late to the party with these drop-ins but I just ordered a few 11836 R2s from DX. I'm gonna run primarys in an old 6R/6P. What kind of runtime can I expect with 2 primarys? Would it be O.K. to run 3 primary's and a spacer while using the 6R body extender? What would be the lumen and runtime difference between 2 and 3 primarys?

Thanks, FishX

Seiko

Newly Enlightened
I was literally ordering the parts to build a P7 drop-in when this showed up, I'm gonna take a chance on it. Will report back with results once it's here.

Please report back. I hate lights with modes, but might be willing to overlook it for a mc-e.

I'm kinda in the same boat, I just made an order for parts to do a p7 build, but they have already shipped so oh well.

Wiggle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Please report back. I hate lights with modes, but might be willing to overlook it for a mc-e.

I'm also not crazy about modes but on the other hand when you have a ridiculous output (say 300+) it kind of ruins my ability to EDC it or to do mundane tasks for long times so a 100 lumen mode would be nice. The strobe however should be eliminated.

I really wish more lights would have mode selection through some other method, kind of like how Fenix seperates its General and Turbo modes.

This might end up being just too much for EDC and be more for fun or weird circumstances, I'll probably use my Q2 5A single mode for must stuff as it should work better with the forward clicky.