Pandemic Mental Health - How YOU doin'?

Greta

Flashaholic
So how has everyone's week been? Have you done anything new and interesting? Watched anything new and interesting? How's the diet coming along? :p

guerrero

Newly Enlightened
Nothing new and interesting, everything is still the same. However I don't complain, I'm spending more time with my family and children. I think I'm lucky for being independent of an office or a workplace. As a freelancer, I can work wherever I want and didn't get affected by the pandemic measures. Just had to limit outside time and spend more time indoors. When the quarantine started in Spain we have moved to my father's real estate in Budva and I think it was a good decision since it's quieter here. We can spend some time at the lake here once a week and go to the forest. I don't even miss my previous life

Last edited:

scout24

Flashaholic
Starting to really get veggies in quantity from our garden. Pulled the first 60 garlic plants, they're air drying in our basement. I'm dehydrating peas this year rather than freezing then, so that's new. Plenty of bush beans, cutting and freezing. Tomatos are starting to ripen, squash are doing well, we're starting to pick berries too. Eggplant are coming along, and we've got more cucumbers than we can keep up with. Thankfully the chickens like them! We're getting an egg or two a day but they're not all laying yet. We got them March 9th, they're doing wonderfully. If I focus on all this, it's been a good week... :)

scout24

Flashaholic
Guerrero- I looked at your previous posts and decided to give you the benefit of the doubt. I edited the commercial real estate listing link out of your post. Please read CPF's rules about commercial selling, and realize your post seemed a lot like spam...

5uCy05k.jpg

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I cooked a steak and bought some flip flops.
No stress here during the pandemic.

Oh and I made a diners mask out of a shirt sleeve. It's like a 1/2 length boclova (spelling?). Simply pull it up to take a bite, pull it down while you chew and meets the criteria for face coverings at dining establishments. You can wear it as a head band until needed or a scarf. It was a shirt destined for the dust rag collection so why not upcycle, right?

92-A51321-3-B5-B-45-C7-AEA3-462024-C49-E1-D.jpg

My favorite part is it draws in air from the bottom.

5S8Zh5

Flashlight Enthusiast
Work is great. They are opening the military AFB here to retirees again on weekends and the satellite pharmacy opens tomorrow (Red Cross volunteer there). I was looking back on another forum post back in march and I expected to catch it and then my wife would catch it or vice versa. Also wondered when I'd do my taxes, groom the dog, shop for water, etc. Fast forward and we never (knock on wood) caught it to our knowledge (heard about symptomatic exposure), taxes were done and automatically paid on the 14th, dog groomed, and the 5 gallon water dispenser vending machine never closed down or ran out and is always open at 3 in the morning lol.

RetroTechie

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh and I made a diners mask out of a shirt sleeve.
It's crazy sh** like this has me :shakehead more & more as time passes. In tight indoor spaces where it's hard to keep a distance from others and/or ventilation is poor, like in shops, public transport, hospitals or elderly homes, where regulations require it for the time being - okay.

But when going to a restaurant with friends / family, for fun, and then wear a face mask? Perhaps even while eating?!? NOT HAPPENING. Not for me anyway. :thumbsdow I'd rather be beaten to death with a stick. If that means that restaurants, cinemas etc are out for a while then so be it.

Right up there with people disinfecting their groceries. Or authorities banning people from hitting the beach (= outdoors) even when they keep their distance from others. For restaurants: limit # of visitors as necessary to let people keep their distance, assign seats / put markings on the floor etc, register who comes in there & at what time (for example by using reservations only) so that when a COVID-19 case pops up you know who to ask to self-quarantine and/or get themselves tested, and leave it at that. Not workable? Then just close up shop & be done with it (or don't, if the economic argument weighs heavier :broke: ).

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I hear ya RT. My wife had a cancer spot removed from her nose then a skin graft to cover the hole it left. Trouble is the skin graft is sensitive as it becomes one with it's new location. Worse, you cannot see it so at her work mask freaks kept calling the corparate office saying "your cashier wasn't wearing a mask".
Then our governor took further steps to enforce the indoor rule so her company said wear a mask or go home (w/o pay). Yeah we could fight it but, why? Rocking the boat gets you wet too.

Enter the diner mask idea. See, a shirt has two sleeves so I cut both to the length I liked. She pre-stretches it over her head like a head band until time to deploy. Then it aint so tight on her sore nose. Plus she likes the bank robber look, which is good for her mental health during a pandemic, which is good for my mental health during a pandemic.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
Yeah, I used to enjoy eating out even fast food once a week or so just to sit down and relax and have a meal somewhere else besides at home but with this stupid mandatory mask thing here pretty much ruins eating out and I'm not much for drive through or delivery food and hate cooking at home but times are very uncertain right now the stress is starting to pile up and my entertainment what little I can afford has mostly been ruined by forced masking and a faceless city. I may have to drive to another city just to enjoy eating at Burger King, go figure.

turbodog

Flashaholic
I am near the gulf coast which got hammered during katrina. Remember seeing the power trucks from out of state rolling in. Actually teared up some seeing people come to help, even though they got paid handsomely I am sure. I was able to go directly to the coast and help out myself. People donated money, time, equipment, etc. There was a real feeling of teamwork (even though new orleans got all the press :ironic: ).

I don't see that now. Maybe it's because we are all under pressure, which tends to bring out pettiness, selfishness, and so on. The medical field is pulling together so there's that, but the rest of everyone is fighting among themselves.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
my mental health sucks always they keep changing my meds. i hate takeing meds but i take them anyways. this covid has made it worse. .but i stilll feel bleesed to have my online freinds

Devildude

Enlightened
The last few days I have been enjoying fresh blueberries and black raspberries. Around here you have to be quick because nature is fast as well. The deer and the bears make quick work of anything I leave behind. I am not sure which is worse, I never catch them in the act. I almost stepped on a gardener snake last night going into my garage to go to work around 8:50pm.

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
My hernia popped out at work today. Popped it back in and kept going. Parents, don't let your kids powerlift. Girls are playing now having a good time. My oldest is starting kindergarten in a small private/Christian school here because we just aren't ready for the mess of public school we have going on here. Wish me luck!!