PD35 Tint and overall color

TKhanson

Newly Enlightened
Folks:

I'm considering the Fenix PD35. I have the Fenix TK60 from 3 years ago and have noticed I'm not really a fan of the green circle it produced on the inside. I'm not wanting to buy the PD35 if it also has that greenish tint to it.

Thoughts?

TKH.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine has no greenish tint to it and none of my other Fenix lights do either,try one out in a store is my advice or do a loan exchange with a willing member,that has worked ok for me in the past.

bright star

Newly Enlightened
I had the pd35 in my hand;s today. Tint is on the cool side; throws a nice white light. The deal breaker for my was it 's a little to small.

TKhanson

Newly Enlightened
Could either or both of you comment on why the 35 makes a better torch than the PD32 Ultimate? (thanks for your quick replies, by the way).

bright star

Newly Enlightened
Could either or both of you comment on why the 35 makes a better torch than the PD32 Ultimate? (thanks for your quick replies, by the way).

I think it comes down to personal preference PD 32 has a good following however PD 35 does throw more lumens. it really comes down to what you want both are great torches I hope that helps.

buds224

Enlightened
I have several Fenix lights and have a TK41 that has a greenish tint. The PD35 is no where near that, very cool spill and bright white in the hotspot, no hint of green.

The PD32UE has a slightly larger hot spot and a closer to neutral tint. When I have both the PD32UE and PD35 on me, I always go for the PD32UE first. I prefer the tint of the PD32UE for most tasks. I love both lights and am glad I have that choice.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cannot help you as i have the normal version of the PD32 and a PD35 and i cannot wait to add the PD12,i really like the brand Fenix.

markr6

Flashaholic
I have two PD32UEs and they seem cool enough to me. I guess 5000K. Anything cooler would just be blue to me, so I don't plan on getting a PD35. I would be curious to see one in person though. I wish they were all consistent across the board. I really like Fenix lights, but don't own any other models since I've had such a wide range of tints in the past.

TKhanson

Newly Enlightened
For all of you who have the PD35, if you own the defuser, can you please tell me which one fits it? Fenix's website isn't clear on that. Also, for those of you using rechargeable 18650s, could you tell me which ones you use and if you like them?

Sophie2013

Newly Enlightened
For all of you who have the PD35, if you own the defuser, can you please tell me which one fits it? Fenix's website isn't clear on that.

Fenix Small Diffuser Tip (AOD-S) can fit PD35, but it's a bit difficult to put it on.

Sophie2013

Newly Enlightened
For all of you who have the PD35, if you own the defuser, can you please tell me which one fits it? Fenix's website isn't clear on that. Also, for those of you using rechargeable 18650s, could you tell me which ones you use and if you like them?

Fenix Small Diffuser Tip (AOD-S) can fit PD35, but it's a bit difficult to put it on.