pens anyone?

MrJino

Enlightened
I just bought the Ti2 Techliner tumbled copper shorty.
Now the wait.

Haha I wanted the polished copper, but was unsure if it made that cooper smell...
Got the tumbled one which is very dark, has no smell :)

RGRAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
Haha I wanted the polished copper, but was unsure if it made that cooper smell...
Got the tumbled one which is very dark, has no smell :)

I think you're confused.
There are 3 copper finishes brushed, tumbled and acid washed (which is very dark).
Only on my tumbled did it say "** Please note copper can patina rapidly changing the look and coloration."
So, I think it's mine that's going to smell, but it sounds like mine will be the only one to patina too which I wanted.
It's like the smell of gun powered on your hands, either you love lt or hate it. :)

MrJino

Enlightened
I think you're confused.
There are 3 copper finishes brushed, tumbled and acid washed (which is very dark).
Only on my tumbled did it say "** Please note copper can patina rapidly changing the look and coloration."
So, I think it's mine that's going to smell, but it sounds like mine will be the only one to patina too which I wanted.
It's like the smell of gun powered on your hands, either you love lt or hate it. :)

Think I am. Acid wash seems familiar now. It's very dark. Awesome finish, has that worn down look.

My copper flashlight is awesome looking, but my hands smell like pennies after using it. Why I got a toolvn.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Promised to post in this topic. So here it is, along with my Casio 3140 radio controlled watch and a really nice copy of a combination of "Alice in Wonderland" and "Through the Looking Glass." (Nice as in the construction of the book. The novels themselves are worthless nonsense.)

The pen is one of the better ones that Staples used to sell just a short while back. Unfortunately they proved to be so unpopular that Staples recently marked them down to literally pennies on the dollar. I bought up a bunch of them at one Staples. Why?..... This is literally the most comfortable pen I've ever used! Very smooth finish, perfectly weighted (at least for me), and useful for another reason I won't mention here. Just a fantastic, gorgeous pen that was a bargain at its regular MSRP. If you can find one at Staples, snatch it up! Would make a genuinely great stocking-stuffer.

A variation of the black Sheaffer 100 Ferrari pens. I've only seen these at Staples.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
My company gave me a montblanc pen for a 5th year anniversary with the company logo on the lower end of the pocket clip. It was a nice heavy ball point twister.

Well at some point a cap on the tip came off and I lost it. That's what held on the pocket clip....

So I see an "ink pen" store at a high end shopping mall to see what you can find in an ink pen store.
$5000 pens and a really dumb blond as the 'hostess'...see in a high end ink pen store they don't have a cashier/sales staff...they have a hostess.

I wasn't able to find a replacement cap for my pen, but did find a carbon fiber Cross pen.

Unfortunatly that ended up with the same fate as the cap to my montblanc, which I have no idea it's where abouts either....

But I did stumble onto a nifty Cross carbon fiber/acrylic (with stainless accents)Honda executive pen...

^^ came in a nifty box

Last edited:

MrJino

Enlightened
My company gave me a montblanc pen for a 5th year anniversary with the company logo on the lower end of the pocket clip. It was a nice heavy ball point twister.

Well at some point a cap on the tip came off and I lost it. That's what held on the pocket clip....

So I see an "ink pen" store at a high end shopping mall to see what you can find in an ink pen store.
$5000 pens and a really dumb blond as the 'hostess'...see in a high end ink pen store they don't have a cashier/sales staff...they have a hostess.

I wasn't able to find a replacement cap for my pen, but did find a carbon fiber Cross pen.

Unfortunatly that ended up with the same fate as the cap to my montblanc, which I have no idea it's where abouts either....

But I did stumble onto a nifty Cross carbon fiber/acrylic (with stainless accents)Honda executive pen...

^^ came in a nifty box

Do you have to write like you stole it?

BigDeeeeeeee

Newly Enlightened
RGRAY!!! Wowz! That is one impressive collection sir! Matthew Martin Dam clickie is my favorite of your collection. That would be just perfect for me. :poke:

Edit, I figured I would include my awesome pen. It is not as fly as yalls collections, but to me it is neat and I love it. Plus it weighs less than yalls! :)
Ladies and Gents, I introduce to you the Jetstream 0.38 by UNI. Can you say, Fine Tip?? :)

41B3EF27-BCA6-4946-881E-4BB3301526BB_zpsmnp8gobc.jpg

FA853327-DE17-496C-8388-B59A091E90E5_zps8dbiowys.jpg

Came in here to look at pens and found out I NEED a new screwdriver.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
LOL, Funny how that works Darren. That is my second one. Careful, they work so well, they seem to grow legs! You may have to order it from SnapOn. Our trucks don't seem to carry them. It is reversible with a FlatHead on the flip side. It is held in with a magnet. You can also order what ever bits you want.

Glad you dig it. I think I have sold a dozen of these for SnapOn just by people seeing me use/carry mine!

scout24

Flashaholic
Str8- My son introduced me to the .038... Fantastic stuff. I print, and have small writing, and a line that fine is a godsend. +1 on the Snapon screwdriver, I've probably bought 10 over the years. They get loaned out, grow legs, etc...

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
On one of mine, I carefully drilled a hole in the handle and then fed a piece of leather lace trough and made a short lanyard. Then, I pulled the factory clip off, and screwed on one of those Stainless clips from Fastech. A former coworker saw it and just had to have it. So $50 later I was ordering a new one! Last I saw him, he still had it. He swapped the leather lanyard out for a Quick Release keychain and added a small carabiner. He clips it to his belt loop and tucks it in his front pocket sometimes.
If I run into him and can remember, I will get a picture of it.
As you can see, there is a lot of potential with these little bad boys.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
^^ Inkpen Lego! Woohoo!!!

I'd always heard "confuscious say man who carry pen in front pocket end up someday with hole in leg"...

Which lead to the invention of the shirt pocket.
Contrary to popular belief the shirt pocket was not invented to hold Marlboros. lol.

I had a copper Cross clicky for about 19 minutes. It did not grow legs. It got flying lessons after the gel cartridge refused to write a 3rd time. I threw it out the window of my truck at work onto a busy roadway.
One night a coworker walks up with a beat up copper Cross clicky and says "checkout the cool pen I found"...
It had held up to traffic surprisingly well.

Last edited: