pens anyone?

CLHC

Flashaholic
Quick scribble scrabble with with the 1.1mm Lamy Al-Star in CopperOrange and ChargedGreen:

Write On! :huh:

CLHC

Flashaholic
This one came in today:

uTxp0QSl.jpg

nVizGHQl.jpg

Poppy

Flashaholic
That's a nice collection of pens you have there. :thumbsup:

My Prometheus ti came today, so I thought I would show a picture of the pens on my coffee table.
Tactile Turn Shaker cu, Mathew Martin C375cu, Ti2Design Techliner cu, Felloelter pen and pencil ti,
Mc Fabrication alm, Maxmadco alm, ss and ti, Prometheus Writes Alpha alm and ti.:)

CLHC

Flashaholic
First scrabble/scribble with this specific Lamy Al-Star on Filofax:

DO92sRal.jpg

dm6Xm2Hl.jpg

4WU4PQQl.jpg

Write On Folks! :cool:

ThirstyTurtle

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Prometheus ti came today, so I thought I would show a picture of the pens on my coffee table.
Tactile Turn Shaker cu, Mathew Martin C375cu, Ti2Design Techliner cu, Felloelter pen and pencil ti,
Mc Fabrication alm, Maxmadco alm, ss and ti, Prometheus Writes Alpha alm and ti.:)

DROOL!

I had a Maxmadco Bolt Ti but without any grip I didn't love it. Recently sold it and just ordered a MC Fabrication Bolt in aluminum with the diamond knurling grip and a clip. Recently got a new job where EDCing a pen makes a lot of sense and you can't beat a bolt pen for ease of use and won't accidentally open.

From what I've read of the MC Fabrication Bolt, I'll be severely disappointed in the fit and finish vs. the Maxmadco Bolt which was IMMACULATE but it takes the Pilot G2 refill, costs 1/3 as much, rides MUCH deeper in the pocket, and it has a true grip section so I'm looking forward to it.

Last edited:

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been meaning to post this one for a few days. I wonder if any of you folks got in on the KS with this one? Barron Fig - Squire. I am talking about the gray colored pen. This thing is smooth as silk all the way around. I mean you twist to write. The twist is so smooth, the body is smooth and has a flawless balance. I say it fits a unique category of EDC. It is light weight and has no clip. So that is kinda different. But, I keep it on my desk and always have another pen on me. I have always liked having 2 pens. So I don't have to draw one from a pocket when I need it whilst sitting. But, I get up and move around a-lot, so having one on me is a must too. To sum it up, I call it the perfect desk pen. Oh, and he includes his own refill. I wasn't expecting much, but it writes very very well. I am impressed. Just remember, no clip! With a little Pingenuity you could rig one easily.

Anyways, thought I would share it. The other pen is a CU Tuff Writer Precision Press I have had a while. It is a built like a tank. I swapped the black rings out for some green ones.
Col. Littleton Pocket Journal that I use as a wallet. It has note cards and a small journal. This way I can say, I got that paper and make it rain note cards!

45899ECB-8095-4FB9-A5BC-70CB745F128A_zpsgfirykie.jpg

CLHC

Flashaholic
About to ink this Lamy Safari Vista for the day's activities ahead.

Last edited:

Flashy808

Enlightened
^^^That pen looks like one of the things you can find on eBay. Search 3 in 1 pen etc.

Sorry if this is the incorrect thread but I just wanted to ask:

What would you guys recommend for a daily writing pen?
Criterea: Pretty Cheap (under $3 per pen), writes comfortably for extended periods of time, doesn't have to be short- will be used in a pencil case, colour-blue, clicky is preferred, gel pen/doesn't smudge, ink efficient

I currently have a PaperMate InkJoy 300 RT 1.0M Blue. I find its grip is discomforting after writing a few essays and runs out of ink too quickly...

Thanks!!! :)

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Flashy808, I introduce to you the Jetstream 0.38 by UNI. Look at post 7 in this thread. They make some larger sizes that will be smoother, but if you need fine tip (like for inserting words for editing or adding numbers to a spread sheet) these things are awesome. I love how the ink flows. Amazon has a pack of 3 for under $7. To me: they are light, comfy for a long write and they have a great clicky system. So check them out and see what you think.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
and about inka pen?

123penblock.jpg

can anyone tell something about this pen?

I have one. It's the larger of the keychain pens out there. Works reliably. Easily pulls apart if you want to jot something down quickly. It's nice that it converts to a full sized pen. But I just find it easier to carry a more traditional but compact pen. Something like a Parker Jotter or a Fisher Space Pen Apollo model. But if you really want a keychain pen a bit bigger than most of the others out there, and one that works well; the INKA pen is a good choice without costing too much.

Flashy808

Enlightened
Flashy808, I introduce to you the Jetstream 0.38 by UNI. Look at post 7 in this thread. They make some larger sizes that will be smoother, but if you need fine tip (like for inserting words for editing or adding numbers to a spread sheet) these things are awesome. I love how the ink flows. Amazon has a pack of 3 for under $7. To me: they are light, comfy for a long write and they have a great clicky system. So check them out and see what you think.

Hmm I do have a 0.38 pen but I found it somehow manages to scape up some paper as I write and form little bits of debris on the tip. From what you know is this apparent in this pen?

Also I completely forgot the currency difference. I think what I meant was a $2 pen but your recommendation seems ok for the price :) but anything you can recommend that is cheaper?

Of course I'll post pics once I buy -to keep the flow going...

Thanks!!

eaglemax

Newly Enlightened
^^^That pen looks like one of the things you can find on eBay. Search 3 in 1 pen etc.

Sorry if this is the incorrect thread but I just wanted to ask:

What would you guys recommend for a daily writing pen?
Criterea: Pretty Cheap (under $3 per pen), writes comfortably for extended periods of time, doesn't have to be short- will be used in a pencil case, colour-blue, clicky is preferred, gel pen/doesn't smudge, ink efficient

I currently have a PaperMate InkJoy 300 RT 1.0M Blue. I find its grip is discomforting after writing a few essays and runs out of ink too quickly...

Thanks!!! :)

Suggest you try a Hybrid ink type pen a cross between ball and gel ink and many inside your budget.

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I also have an Inka. Clipped to the key chain holder in my back pack pocket. Good for quick use. But that step 3 to make it a full size pen is more than just a few twists. Reliable pen when I don't have anything else.

Flashy808

Enlightened
Suggest you try a Hybrid ink type pen a cross between ball and gel ink and many inside your budget.

I've never heard of it and can't find much on Google. What would be the benifits of Hybrid ink? Can you reccomend one specifically? Ive found a good deal on Pilot Acroball but I'm not sure if it's a good pen.

Thanks for the Recommendation :)