Petzl NAO - high-tech headlamp review.

Szemhazai

Enlightened
The lamp is calculating the capacity - you can put there 4000mAh battery and still it will use 2300mah if this is the version of the battery pack that you have... That's why I've posted all information's about his headlamp - to make it more usable and user friendly.

gingerneil

Newly Enlightened
Yes @szemhazai - I should have done my research!! Hopefully in the way to being resolved now... Thanks! :)

creative_bureau

Newly Enlightened
NAO is the latest headlamp from Petzl - which brings together all the technological innovations of the past few years. Cree XP-G LED's as a light source, 18650 Li-Ion cell as a power source, programming modes and charging via USB. Anything else? New Zephyr carrying system and "Reactive" - the system that automatically adjusts the light to your needs...
petzl_nao_www.jpg

Impressions

Nice, relatively light (instead of 187 catalog it weighs 190g, but it's a small difference) it appears to be a lamp refined in every detail. No edges except for switch - the switch itself is large and very easy to use. "Eye of Sauron" - as some call light sensor, for certain will attract the attention of every customer :naughty:.

petzl_nao_head.jpg

Read more :thumbsup: =>> Petzl NAO it works !

Is the battery life different much from what they claim ?

Szemhazai

Enlightened
No, the battery life is well calculated + more than an hour in the safety mode.

That was one of the main reasons why I start to mod it - the lamp:
Petzl NAO ICR1865026 - 2600mAh - burn time 3:07

Petzl NAO NCR18650B - 3400mAh - burn time 3:10

WTF?? :devil: After that I've fond that it's using calculated capacity to control burn time...

Last edited:

hikon2

Newly Enlightened
Hi Sunebrella,

It's very interesting that you can use NAO+ battery in NAO1 headlamp.

I want to know how long will it last ? Does Nao1 recognize NAO+ battery as 3100mAh or 2600mAh ?

Tnx.

Szemhazai

Enlightened
hikon2 - sorry, I don't know why but but I gave you a false information, It will use it as 3100mah but effective run-times for you will be the same.
NAO 1/2/3 have fixed run-times almost independent from capacity. Only in emergency mode you will be able to use extra capacity - in other word's standard cells won't extend run-time.

hikon2

Newly Enlightened
I have tested NAO+ battery with NAO2.

NAO+ battery(3100mAh) lasts for about 1:34:00, then blinks three times in constant mode.
NAO battery(2300mAh) lasts for about 1:09:00, then blinks three times in constant mode.
NAO+ battery seems to work as 3100mAh battery with NAO2. So, I'm pleased with NAO+ battery.

Tnx.

Last edited: