Please tell me this forum is aware of Efest?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capolini

Banned
This same thread is on BLF. A lot more controversy and even more unproven. misleading information.

@ conanthewarrior.

Maybe this is the battery your looking for:
18650 LG 18650HG2 3000mAh High Discharge Flat Top. I Bought it from Ilumns. "Orbtronic" also has it[hence the pic.!].

lg-hg2_zpss3q5tdpy.jpg

I am getting a few of those tomorrow and a SAMSUNG 30Q today.

P.S. I HAVE BEEN USING EFEST IMR 16340,14500 AND 18650 FOR OVER 8 MONTHS AND THEY WORK VERY WELL. IF YOU GET THEM FROM A REPUTABLE DEALER YOUR CHANCES ARE PRETTY GOOD THAT THEY ARE GENUINE. I GET MINE @ ILLUMNS, MT. ELEC. AND IMRBATTERIES.

I do not care what product your talking about. There will always be attempts at fakes, every battery is not exactly the same and IF in this case, the battery is tested , proven and used correctly and purchased from a reputable dealer..your going to have good results.

p.s I will be re wrapping the LG HG2! Not fond of the Brown color!

Last edited:

Overclocker

Flashlight Enthusiast

The 3100 MAH is a Panasonic, and it is a gamble if you get a NCR18650BD or a NCR18650BE which are 10 amp continuous and 3.63 amp continuous respectively. Obviously this is very dangerous when I am easily pulling 17+Amps from my batteries. If I used a 4 Amp battery continuously at say 18 amps, thermal runaway is a possibility, and next to your face is not a good thing.

eNTVTYW.gif

wrong. NCR18650BE is a 10A cell. i've actually graphed it at 7A and it doesn't even get hot (the MH1 did)

markr6

Flashaholic
I wonder why so many places list the discharge rate around 3.6A? I unwrapped an Keeppower IMR18650 3200mAh (labeled 10A cont/20A pulse) recently and it looked exactly like the 18650BE. Confused!

My solution is to just skip these fore now and play it safe with something completely unambiguous (Samsung 25R, 18650PF, etc)

Overclocker

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wonder why so many places list the discharge rate around 3.6A? I unwrapped an Keeppower IMR18650 3200mAh (labeled 10A cont/20A pulse) recently and it looked exactly like the 18650BE. Confused!

My solution is to just skip these fore now and play it safe with something completely unambiguous (Samsung 25R, 18650PF, etc)

perhaps to differentiate it from the NCR-B which isn't so hot anymore in 2015. the "BE" just wipes the floor w/ it as seen in my graph, while being quite a bit cheaper!

a lot of people are saying that the "BE" is in fact the tesla model S cell...

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
perhaps to differentiate it from the NCR-B which isn't so hot anymore in 2015. the "BE" just wipes the floor w/ it as seen in my graph, while being quite a bit cheaper!

a lot of people are saying that the "BE" is in fact the tesla model S cell...

You're being a little bit harsh, considering the fun times we're living in here in 2015, where new variants of 18650s are coming out as quickly as political sound bites here in the US.

There's always going to be that 'next generation' and to be fair, for loads 4A and under, the NCR-B has ruled the roost for a good 2+ years, but technology always marches on.

Whether the NCR-BE can distinguish itself against a now plethora of high drain (10A+) cells and rule its own roost, remains to be seen.

It always comes down to the 'right tool for the job' and the NCR-B still holds its own in applications that don't require higher current loads.

Personally, I'm a 4.35v guy and think all of you 4.20v guys are a bit 'soft.'

Chris

Overclocker

Flashlight Enthusiast
haha well if the "BE" is indeed the Model S cell then it already is ruling the roost. perhaps tesla is taking all the A-grade cells so panasonic dumps the rest at a competitive price which is good for us! the 3.63A rating was intended to throw us off LOL

i used to be a fan of the LG D1 4.35v but after a few months it had developed a high internal resistance. wasn't even abused at all.

conanthewarrior

Newly Enlightened
Pointing out a potential issue with labeling is worthwhile. Spreading disinformation is not.

The 3100 mAh Efest (purple cell) is rated for 10 amps continuous, 20 amp pulse.

From HKJ's review of the Efest 3100 mAh cell:

Now that is not anecdotal...that is an empirical test, and it delivers as indicated on the label. I'm not saying that every Efest cell is automatically great...but that is true of just about every manufacturer/reseller. Not every cell will be perfect, and some will be slightly over-rated. Keeppower does a similar thing with some of their cells, and you need to be aware of it. But that does not mean you should avoid them altogether...both companies offer a variety of very good cells.

If you are pulling 17-18 amps, you shouldn't be using a cell rated for ten amps anyway. Go with a true, dedicated high drain cell, and you shouldn't have a problem.

I only use samsung 25R's, I thought they was constant 20 AMP discharge rate?

conanthewarrior

Newly Enlightened
This same thread is on BLF. A lot more controversy and even more unproven. misleading information.

@ conanthewarrior.

Maybe this is the battery your looking for:
18650 LG 18650HG2 3000mAh High Discharge Flat Top. I Bought it from Ilumns. "Orbtronic" also has it[hence the pic.!].

lg-hg2_zpss3q5tdpy.jpg

I am getting a few of those tomorrow and a SAMSUNG 30Q today.

P.S. I HAVE BEEN USING EFEST IMR 16340,14500 AND 18650 FOR OVER 8 MONTHS AND THEY WORK VERY WELL. IF YOU GET THEM FROM A REPUTABLE DEALER YOUR CHANCES ARE PRETTY GOOD THAT THEY ARE GENUINE. I GET MINE @ ILLUMNS, MT. ELEC. AND IMRBATTERIES.

I do not care what product your talking about. There will always be attempts at fakes, every battery is not exactly the same and IF in this case, the battery is tested , proven and used correctly and purchased from a reputable dealer..your going to have good results.

p.s I will be re wrapping the LG HG2! Not fond of the Brown color!

It was me that started the thread on BLF(I wish I didn't, its better to be blind sometimes), just informed them they are panasonic rewraps as proven on a vaping forum, I think it is where I was new they didn't believe/want to believe.

And they are the batteries! Thank you :). I think I will also, I don't like the brown either.

Last edited:

Capolini

Banned
^^^^ lol! I figured you were the one who started the thread on BLF..HMMM,,,same user name must be him!

How did "They" prove it? Which Panasonic rewraps??? I thought LG,Sony, Samsung ect. have their own brand,why would they rewrap?

Also,,see post #22,,,,,,,,his data is very credible.

Last edited:

SubLGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Efest seems to be engaging in questionable practices, changing the cell without changing the rating on the label:

"...I am saying that what they did with this 35A 3000mAh battery was bad...very bad. Rating a 10A rated cell at 35A is inexcusable…………………..The 35A 3000mAh Efest was, in my opinion, a rewrapped 30Q until this past month. The 30Q is a damn good battery, equal to the HG2. But now this Efest is a 10A rewrapped MH1……"

https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/threads/warning-efest-purple-35a-3000mah-is-now-a-10a-battery.720251/

markr6

Flashaholic
IMO there are way too many other options. To try and justify buying a cell/manufacturer this questionable doesn't make any sense. Even if tests prove me wrong, the damage is done. Just buy an OEM Sony, Panasonic/Sanyo, Samsung or LG so you know what you're getting.

Minimoog

Enlightened
Are Efest the only manufacturer of protected 18350 batteries? I have several build projects in the works and am slightly reluctantly looking at the Efests simply because I can't find any other better brands making these cells.

HKJ

Flashaholic

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
The OP made a serious allegation re Efest lying, using a small sample to prove it, in effect slandering Efext Not a good practice to use on CPF. This can be seen as a violation of CPF Rule 4. I am closing it, as the thread had run it's course in June.

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.