Pls Suggest 18650 light to use with Fenix AF02 Mount

swordfish2

Newly Enlightened
Hi All,

I am looking for a 18650(single) light to use with the new Fenix AF02 bike mount.
http://www.fenixlight.com/viewnproduct.asp?id=71

Here are a few concerns:
1. the flashlight physically should not be too long - the shorter the better
2. the light should have at least 3 modes (high, low and flash, or high, mid, low) - i will mostly use it on low/mid modes
3. the modes should have memory so i dont switch between modes everytime i switch on.
4. it should be a spreading light rather than throwing long distances (i forgot what they call that in flashlight terms)

Particularly why 18650 means, i love these batteries and their amazing run times on low modes.

Or there are better options if i use a CR123 type battery lights?

Please suggest.

spankone

Enlightened
I would check with others if a solarforce fits I dont think you can beat them for price/build ratio. then pic up a 3node xpg off nail bender I use the 2 linger specials 500 lumens mega floody and runs for an hour on high,

spankone

Enlightened
P1100763.jpg

P1100756.jpg

P1100751.jpg

swordfish2

Newly Enlightened
Spankone, can you tell me which solarforce light exactly? what model is that you have right now?

I think i have an LR2 or something - its with my Dad now. 3 modes i believe. has a teeth head(black coated) in the front.

spankone

Enlightened
mines the L2 which is the 18650 li-on version I've brought the cap and steel bezel to go with it and the dropin is from nailbender. the l2r is the 2xaa light

swordfish2

Newly Enlightened
Spankone, I think we both are talking about the same light. - yes mine also runs on 18650 - ye si remember now the cover saying L2 in silver color lettering.

Anyway, i think those will be the cheaper options than any other models.

Also, what you mean by this:
"then pic up a 3node xpg off nail bender I use the 2 linger specials 500 lumens mega floody and runs for an hour on high, "
I didnt understand what that is.

swordfish2

Newly Enlightened
Btw, are these lights waterproof or for waterproof i have go for any other light models?

spankone

Enlightened
reasonable water ressietent but not water proof should be fine for most bike riding needs.... the solarforce lights that I buy have no drop in moduals, so you'll need to get one from a supplier nailbender is a member on candle power that makes great dropins

adept1

Newly Enlightened
Spankone: What mounts are those? They look like TwoFish, but your straps look stronger than the TwoFish ones.

Kuryakin

Enlightened
I have an MG-PLI, and it works GREAT! High lasts an hour, medium is actually good enough, and last 5+ hours. Their new one is a little brighter, the P-Rocket. I have both, well, I have one, my buddy has the P-Rocket, either works quite well.

GunnarGG

Enlightened
Swordfish, do you have the new Fenix bikemount?

I have the old one and it attaches to the bike very solid and the light sits tight in it but the upper and lower parts rattles in relation to each other.
I have put two pieces from a creditcard between them and now it's without rattle.

Is the new AF02 solid and no rattle without "modding"?

swordfish2

Newly Enlightened
Swordfish, do you have the new Fenix bikemount?

I have the old one and it attaches to the bike very solid and the light sits tight in it but the upper and lower parts rattles in relation to each other.
I have put two pieces from a creditcard between them and now it's without rattle.

Is the new AF02 solid and no rattle without "modding"?

I have placed an order. Waiting for the item now. will update when i have it. I am thinking to use it with a Solarforce L2 5mode light. But i prefer a smaller build flashlight. Any suggestions? (the light should have atleast 2 mode - high and low)