246,000 miles on body and 85000 miles on LSX swap
DSCN4687_zpse560d587.jpg
DSCN4681_zps391ca03e.jpg

Bello

Newly Enlightened
2007 Chevy Cobalt with 130,600 miles and don't beat it up

markr6

Flashaholic
Nice drivers everyone! My Jeep mentioned in the OP recently developed a loud popping noise that I can even feel thru my feet. Only when turning SHARP and to the right at slow speeds like in a parking lot. Every time I pull into the driveway. Then when I'm leaving, it "pops back into place" after driving about 10 seconds when I hit a small dip in the road. I heard it could be CV joint, U joints, control arm, sway bar links, and a million other things...so I'm just gonna keep on driving until it blows up.

Other than that, no too many problems. Some suspension parts around $1000 (majority labor from dealership), two starters, 1 battery, only one brake job I can remember, couple sets of tires, ignition replacement (warranty) and I think that's it.

ven

Flashaholic
Sharp to the right.................would guess drive shaft or cv. These normally click though, best bet is you or someone underneath and rock steering on that lock. May get an idea a bit better........Could be steering linkage, near hub .

Previous had 119k on the clock (bought with 59k).............at 12mpg thats a lot of juice!!!

Subaru now

Older pic with 137k on clock

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

Possibly a anti-roll link,, I snapped one (replaced both right away)
that might be throwing off the steering linkage

Jeeps, with their basic 4wd systems don't like sharp turns, the diffs protest in a bad way. Just a simple heads up there

Easy throttle input, easy steering & brake input goes a long way. Drive them easy but give the motor revvs now & then
My Jeep liked a couple Techron treatments a year & I used Lucas Injection Cleaner (upper cylinder lubricant I'd buy by the gallon)
..the motor ran perfect even at 190K,, just the chassis underneath started giving up.

Also:
Maybe replace the gas cap if haven't lately,, a worn cap can cause all kinds of tricky issues
Consider having a back up fuel filter, lowish fuel pressure ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

jonnyfgroove

Enlightened
I have a 1996 Saab 900SE turbo with well over 250k. The interior is disintegrating here in 2016, but it still runs well on the original engine, manual trans, and turbo. It only reads at about 215k, but the instrument cluster has been dodgy for many years, and when it is off it does not add to the odometer.

Oogabooga

Newly Enlightened
2006 honda civic lx with 206 000km. running fine so far :D and i drive it hard. When i bought it it had 30 000km

chillinn

Flashlight Enthusiast
my rocket car classic, stock 1984 242ti, 179,000 miles, ~18mpg city, ~24mpg hw

Only problem I have with it... it hates 5.0 mustangs... and my mechanic can't seem to fix the problem: won't be passed.

hoEQvvp.jpg

xKeEPTN.jpg

Last edited:

READYSETGO

Newly Enlightened
Chevy rocks!

Currently own two - 2004 Avalanche with 287,500 miles and 2005 Suburban with 223,300.

Both have been held up extremely well and at a cheap repair cost.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
ven, sorry to be the one to break it to you, but your steering wheel is on the wrong side! You may want to check into that. :thinking:

ven

Flashaholic
:pYou know I was about to say the same about you guys:poke:

Next thing you will be telling me the pedals are too! :p

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
^^I would love to drive that beast through some rough terrain. Love the tires. It reminds me of a Radio controlled truck I had as a kid. It was called The Mountain Man. Anyone?

MastyrOfPuppitz

Newly Enlightened
Mine- 2001 Chevy Silverado 1500HD crew cab 4x4 6.0l gas >250k
Wife- 2004 Chevy Trailblazer EXT >250k

Money saved by no monthly car payments = house paid off way early.

1994 Astro purchased new for delivery business. It doesn't have windows in the back or in the sliding, side door. :twothumbs
When Astro was in-service delivering flowers, I changed his oil every month. Not a problem to log 3,000 miles a month. I had three vans on the road six days a week. Changing oil got to be real old, so I started using AMSOIL and went around 9,000 between changes. Much better. I hated changing oil while also working six days a week.

On average we'd make about a hundred stops a day, and we were always in a hurry. So, brakes & tires were the highest items on the maintenance list. Oh, and gas. Lots and lots of gas. Easily 20,000 gallons. Astro has spent his nights in a garage, so that's helped to keep him L@@King so good. :naughty:

sy2l72H.jpg

MqhtMZU.jpg

You'd think I'd get tired of driving him after all this time. Nope! He's still a great ride, and we no longer have to hurry when we're working. :cool:

Really, the only issue when driving Astro is I have to leave this in the garage.

~ Chance

Jo21Pdn.jpg

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
Very cool CG, sounds like you did some graft in your time.............:faint: or at least astro did;)