Post your home-made lanyard photos! (Part 2)

jasonp

Newly Enlightened
A couple I made recently..
original.jpg

and one a guy ordered from me :)
original.jpg

Jason

jag808808

Enlightened
Aloha CPF Lanyard Makers! Nice to know that I am not the only one!!! Here is another bunch of Monkey's Fists but with longer twists.

2ndRunall.jpg

2ndRunMonkeyfist.jpg

1stRunFobsZipper.jpg

sORe-EyEz

Enlightened
IMG_00042-1-1-1.jpg

o-ring at the end for finger (added security to prevent loss of light). :crazy:

Last edited:

jeremycollins

Newly Enlightened
I LOVE these lanyards. This is one of the most unique ways to differentiate the many different lights I have (especially all the 1AA Fenix's!).

I'm just not talented enough to do this myself...

Last edited:

streetmaster

Enlightened
I'm just not talented enough to do this myself...
Sure you are. I didn't think I could make them at first either. At first glance, it looks complicated. After reading a little about it and then trying it I found that it's much easier than you may think. Here's a link to a couple easy tutorials on basic lanyard projects. This is a tutorial page from one of my favorite flashlight stores: paracord lanyard weaving page There's 3 easy tutorials to get you started.

Here's a couple of the easier ones that I've made.

P1010003-1.jpg

Last edited:

Stormdrane

Enlightened
Paracord flashlight holder. Just a DIY version of a Maglite holder. I made the belt slide section a bit long on this one, but when you make your own, you can make it to the width of the belt it'll go on.

CIMG6481.jpg

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Looking at some of these sweet pics, I've got to get some of those Nite-Ize "S" beaners.

Can anything be done with the larger sizes? I've seen those Nite-Ize products sold in 3-packs of differing sizes at a ****'s Sporting Goods store. Would love to be able to use more than just the smallest one.

Stormdrane

Enlightened
Looking at some of these sweet pics, I've got to get some of those Nite-Ize "S" beaners.

Can anything be done with the larger sizes? I've seen those Nite-Ize products sold in 3-packs of differing sizes at a ****'s Sporting Goods store. Would love to be able to use more than just the smallest one.

The #4 large one(I think they have an even larger one coming out now) is ok for a key chain, but seems a bit large(to me) for use with a flashlight that might be smaller than S-Biner. :D

I've added turks head knots, with small diameter cord, to the center section of a few...

CIMG5886.jpg

HoopleHead

Flashlight Enthusiast
A question please for the lanyard and knot people:

I tied a double constrictor knot around one of my lights. For the 2 ends, i wrapped them around to the other side, and tied them with a square knot. Then those 2 ends, I made a big loop (for my wrist) and closed the loop with a 2-strand Mathew Walkers knot.

My problem is that the square knot keeps coming undone! I'd like it to be tight and stay tight. Again, as these ends are coming off of the double constrictor knot, any recommendations on what knot should be used to tie the ends down tight on the other side?

What about if I want to tie the ends off, but instead of continuing to make the loop, I have a split ring there and the loop coming off of that? Still the same knot, or any other suggestions?

I can post pics if that helps, thanks!

Buster Bodine

Newly Enlightened
Howdy Hoople!

I think I understand your question, and if I do, then you might want to consider doing a short bit of seizing on the loose ends of the DC knot, then go ahead with the MW on the end of it.

If I misunderstand your problem, please post pics? If nothing else, I'd like to see what a 2 strand MW knot looks like.

Btw. I use a standard constrictor quite often but I'd never seen that double constrictor before. Very cool, I'm definitely going to add it to my "must know" knots. Thanks!