Post your home-made lanyard photos!

Status
Not open for further replies.

webley445

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ahhhhhh....
I only got to page three of this thread and now you guys got me started!! BTW my setting s have like 40-50 posts per page too.
Good thing too, because if I saw the examples in the later pages I may not have tried (did I say good thing?)
Well using the lighthound site I gave it a try. Didn't have any paracord around, just nylon from Home Depot, but gave it a shot.

Not too bad for first time I would say.
Now I got another hobby to spend money on!!!
And thanks for all the supplied links, want to work up being able to make a monkey's fist.

Last edited:

Stormdrane

Enlightened
Black and olive drab paracord 4-strand plait neck lanyard, type I OD green paracord whipping, and four attachment strands. I could have woven the plait's strands together, but opted for the whipping which should give to prevent a choking hazard.

4strandplaitnecklanyard2.jpg

jtice

Flashaholic
ghostrider,

what is that thinner braid part on yours?
looks nice and simple, yet alittle different than I have seen.

~John

ghostrider

Enlightened
jtice said:
ghostrider,

what is that thinner braid part on yours?
looks nice and simple, yet alittle different than I have seen.

~John
I've seen it called a Four-Strand Sennit/or Plait, Four-Strand Round Braid...

Boondoggleman has it on his site as the Diamond Braid:http://www.boondoggleman.com/prj_diamond_braid.htm

and The Spiral Braid Stitch:
http://www.boondoggleman.com/prj_spiral_braid.htm

It transfers well into a Square Stitch and Completion Stitch (I think it is also called a Terminal Turk's Head).

marxs

Enlightened
quick question on a monkey fist...do you guys have both ends out of the ball or do you leave one end in the ball? (really small so it cant be seen).

and about naming the knots (cant remember since all the forums about this are sooo long)....

fist2os9.jpg

what do you call the knot above the monkey fist and the long one rung around next to the body of the light? (btw...sorry for copying the pic, i just found this really SWEET!)

clipse

Enlightened
marxs said:
quick question on a monkey fist...do you guys have both ends out of the ball or do you leave one end in the ball? (really small so it cant be seen).

and about naming the knots (cant remember since all the forums about this are sooo long)....

what do you call the knot above the monkey fist and the long one rung around next to the body of the light? (btw...sorry for copying the pic, i just found this really SWEET!)

I nip one end coming out of the monkey fist and burn so it stays. I do a hangmans noose above that. Then when its all tightened, you can't see the burnt end.

I believ the knot you're referring too is a hangmans noose.

clipse

ghostrider

Enlightened
marxs said:
I do it both ways.
marxs said:

The "knot above the Monkey's Fist" is called the Chinese Staircase on boondoggleman's site. The other is the hangman's noose.

a4toronto said:
i like this...how do i make it? :)
Here are the instructions off of boondoggleman's site.

http://www.boondoggleman.com/prj_diamond_braid.htm

http://www.boondoggleman.com/prj_spiral_braid.htm

I've also found this.

http://www.freecraftunlimited.com/braided-lanyard.html

greenLED

Flashaholic
marxs said:
I actually tie Turk's Heads, and hide the ends inside the knot - I like "endless" knots. :)

ghostrider

Enlightened
greenLED said:
I actually tie Turk's Heads, and hide the ends inside the knot - I like "endless" knots. :)
One of these days I'm going to have to figure that one out.

Stormdrane

Enlightened
My folks both went to Auburn, so I made this 5-strand plait neck lanyard in navy blue/orange for my dad to show off the team colors with his work ID badge. I'll have to dig up a photon clone to put on the other attachment point for him. War Eagle!

auburn5strandplait.jpg

ghostrider

Enlightened
Never did anything like this before. A tripled Cobra/Soloman bar. Unfortunately the GITD cord broke in the process, and I didn't feel like starting over.

K-T

*Moderator*
Due to excellent content :bow: I made this a sticky.

Keep it up, guys!

webley445

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hooray!
Someone needs to consolidate all the links so they can be put onto the first post. I will try to work on it but will not be able to get to it for a day or two.

K-T

*Moderator*
I just thought about that, too.

I am very limited right now but will start to create a new sticky thread with links and infos on the lanyards shown here as time allows - which then will be updated from time to time from this thread (suggestions?). Until then you are very welcome to "precompile" some sort of list with images and infos on the lanyards.

k.

webley445

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was just going to compile all the links given in this thread and forward them to Bruner so that he could add them to the first post for easy reference.
i have had some dealings with him and I'm sure he will be thrilled at the sticky.

Status
Not open for further replies.