Post your home-made lanyard photos!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghostrider

Enlightened
Here's another Gander_Man designed Mini-JFBF. This one done with a Twist Stitch in toxic green and black.:grin2:

Stormdrane

Enlightened
Just tried out this idea today. A Maglite paracord grip. The maroon is on my 18 year old 3D cell Maglite and the black/olive drab is on my new 3 watt LED 2D cell Maglite. The grips can be slid on/off, but are tight enough that they won't come off on their own. I use about 15 feet of paracord to make one.

MPG1.jpg

Last edited:

Stormdrane

Enlightened
Someone asked me if the Maglite paracord grips I made were adjustable. The first couple I made weren't since they were tied right onto the lights. So I made a couple more that are adjustable and would fit D and C cell lights like a Maglite. Here's a pic of what they look like off the light. If you check my blog, I put instructions on attaching them. If you can make a paracord bracelet, you can make the flashlight grip. I prefer the thicker king cobra stitch for the grip, but the cobra stitch will work as well. I imagine a gutted cobra/king cobra would make for a nice two finger grip on a smaller 2AA light.

adjustablemagliteparacordgrips.jpg

roguesw

Enlightened
could someone help, i searched the lanyard thread but couldnt find an answer
i saw a picture once, it was a flashlight that had paracord wrapped around the entire body of the light, providing grip and protection i guess
i would like to know how i can do this to my flashlight
cheers for any help

Stormdrane

Enlightened
roguesw said:
i saw a picture once, it was a flashlight that had paracord wrapped around the entire body of the light, providing grip and protection i guess
cheers for any help

This it? The Koppo Wrap

Here's one I just made for a Mini Maglite.

twofingerminimaglitegrip.jpg

twofingerminimaglitegrip1.jpg

Illum

Flashaholic
I didnt know people put so much emphasis on lanyards...I mean, THESE ARE BEAUTIFUL

I was wrong to not see so highly of it, I simply bought a box of paper clips from the office inventory in the closet and put them in the holes from my shoelaces, then the lace was promptly washed and used as a lanyard

hey, I was too lazy to go to a store okay?

ghostrider

Enlightened
roguesw said:
cheers for any help

I found that post. It's post 99, here:

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/106012&page=4&pp=30

Looks like it's an X1 wrapped in a Chinese Staircase.

http://www.boondoggleman.com/prj_chinese_staircase.htm

Looks like the only difference is that photorob used the X1 for the center instead of 4 strands of boondoggle.

Illum_the_nation said:
I didnt know people put so much emphasis on lanyards...I mean, THESE ARE BEAUTIFUL

I was wrong to not see so highly of it, I simply bought a box of paper clips from the office inventory in the closet and put them in the holes from my shoelaces, then the lace was promptly washed and used as a lanyard

hey, I was too lazy to go to a store okay?

Just google Supply Captain, and the store will go to you.:grin2:

roguesw

Enlightened
thanks ghostrider,
thats the one i was thinking about
i saw it on a different flashlight but its the same idea
i think its neat, now, let me see what's involved in tying this particular knot\

stormdrane
i love what you did with that, very nice grip for the flashlight,
thanks for the link, another project for the flashlight
this is great

thanks guys, now i gota go and try to make these knots happen
cheers
Des

Last edited:

Cypher

Enlightened
Quick and a dirty McClickie tailcap lanyard. Poor pics as well but you get the idea.

ghostrider

Enlightened
Tying knots is so much fun.

More pics, more pics.:grin2:

Another Gander_Man designed JFBF (Jumbo Fat Boy Fob).

Double Twist in desert camo and maroon.

One of my FAF's (Fully Adjustable Fob). Orange and royal blue.

FAF in woodland camo and hunter green.

Some Monkey's Fists.

Stormdrane

Enlightened
I made this wrist strap with thin Type I paracord(from the Supply Captain). I like the cord, but it can mean more time and work per project because of it's thin diameter compared to 550 paracord. I tied it to my Spyderco Salt I, but it would easily tie onto a flashlight or multi-tool. I used about 14 feet of cord in the wrist strap. A wrist strap can come in handy when working around water or in an elevated location. The other wrist strap is 20 feet of Type I paracord in OD green done in a king cobra stitch.

type1paracordwriststrap.jpg

type1paracordkcwristlanyard.jpg

Last edited:

hivoltage

Enlightened
Here is some I have made in tha past few days....except the 4th one from the left I bought. Except I forgot to get the 3 on my knives and light in the picture!! Oh well, you get the picture.

I am a beginner so give me a break, and a big thanks to Stormdrane for pointing me in the right direction for material and knowhow. He makes some cool stuff.:rock: What fun when I am sitting on the porch drinking a beer:lolsign:

OK....why am I not allowed to post attachments?

Stormdrane

Enlightened
hivoltage said:
OK....why am I not allowed to post attachments?

Try using Photobucket. :)

I handed this one to my mom and she says "Neat, a flashlight cozy." I said "Noooo, you can't call it that. How about 'Tactical clone wrap', since it's a AAA clone and thats's 6 feet of type I paracord wrapped around it?" She liked her description better....

clonewrap.jpg

Last edited:

Orbit

Enlightened
neither can any of us we have to use an off site server, and post the link using image tags.

ghostrider

Enlightened
Orbit said:
neither can any of us we have to use an off site server, and post the link using image tags.
He's right. Photobucket and Imageshack are two common ones. You have to download the pic to one of them, and then they give you a image tag to use. The ones I mentioned are free trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.