Post your Pelican case setup!

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
Transillum, what case is that and how did you get cutouts so clean? My growing collection needs storage desperately!
Zoom in close and you will see that type of foam is perforated. Each little square is about 3/8" x3/8". You simply pluck out the ones you want.

I found this type not as stiff as I prefer for larger, heavier lights.

liteboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Zoom in close and you will see that type of foam is perforated. Each little square is about 3/8" x3/8". You simply pluck out the ones you want.

I found this type not as stiff as I prefer for larger, heavier lights.

Aah, I see ! Hard to focus at 5am! It sure makes for neat look tho. Band for small lights I guess it's ok. I agree not as sturdy for larger ones tho

transultimate

Newly Enlightened
The largest light I have is the Tain 45C (second from bottom on right) and the foam holds it fine.

liteboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't have it set up yet but my first case. Awesome quality, hefty, seemingly indestructible. I need to figure out how to cut the inserts since this one has solid foam, not the prescored type.
ImageUploadedByCandlepowerforums1474505304.969430.jpg

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not sure if I have the right knife. I see ppl using electric knives in YouTube
Never tried electric, but I can see that working well. The opposing sawing motion could keep the foam from deflecting while cutting.

It depends on how pretty you want it. The first ones I did were cut with a large, thick bladed pocket knife meant for camping. Not a delicate tool, but yet it worked just fine for holding the lights, even if the cuts were a little ragged.

Offgridled

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not sure if I have the right knife. I see ppl using electric knives in YouTube
I use a heated Knife I bought at harbor freight for around 10 dollars. You just have to be careful because the foam will stick to your fingers when pulling it out and gloves make it difficult. You'll pick it up fast how to do it tho. I put blue tape over the entire foam then drew lines around my lights after I arranged how I wanted them. Then cut the blue tape with a utility Knife then used the heated tool to cut down to required depth then pushed it threw to size...
This was my first attempt so it can be done extremely clean with practice. With the pre-cut squares it's a little messy....
Small lights go on top of large lights. I'm going to buy another pelican case same size for all my Legos. I'll post more pics..

image posting

Offgridled

Flashlight Enthusiast
So you cut the pluck n pull cubes in half or less like a hot knife through butter?

I might have to get on of those.
Yes it needs to get real hot and doesn't take long to heat up. Secret is putting tape on top first then outline your lights and cut with utility blade/razor blade. Not to full depth just a guiding point so hot Knife follows outline. I only cut foam to depth I needed. I even went back and cleaned it up a bit after with the hot knife!! "Be careful foam will stick to you". I learned the hard way.. I guess took one for the team:)

"Cum omnibus cecidisti, concidisse simula"

Last edited: