Post your Pelican case setup!

liteboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
OG good to see you stepping forward bravely. And thanks for sharing. Unfortunately, the case I got doesn't have the precut foam option. It's a solid piece. Reasons I've not foraged ahead: fear of making mistake, little time, not enough lights...

Offgridled

Flashlight Enthusiast
OG good to see you stepping forward bravely. And thanks for sharing. Unfortunately, the case I got doesn't have the precut foam option. It's a solid piece. Reasons I've not foraged ahead: fear of making mistake, little time, not enough lights...
Personally I think the solid piece of foam may be easier bro. I'll buy a piece and experiment with it I'm curious myself. I'll order some and give it a shot and let you know:)

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast
Best thing in my opinion is to ditch the regular foam and get closed cell foam instead. It is much easier to cut and you can cut it way more accurate. If you cut it slightly smaller than the light itself it will hold the light really tight, even if you hold the opened pelicase upside down. The closed cell foam adjusts to the light and keeps it´s form even if you remove the light. All my pelicans have closed cell foam now and I would never go back to regular foam (open cell foam).

Eric

Edit: Here is an older example:

mcgizmos.jpg

Last edited:

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
I much prefer solid foam instead of the pre-cut pluck foam. I order mine from JoAnns Fabrics. (2-1/2" thick, lime green is the only color).

Eric is right, closed cell foam is sturdier. But I've never seen it thicker than 1/2".

4Pro

Newly Enlightened
case12.jpg

case06.jpg

case135.jpg

case08.jpg

Solarforce P1 / P61
4x surefire CR123 & Battery Carrier
Spyderco Pacific Salt
Tweezers
Maratac Peanut Lighter
PA+ Water Tablets
Razor Blade
12" Cable Ring
~12' 550 Paracord with Carabiner
Pelican 1060
Very well played.

Hudson456

Newly Enlightened
Best thing in my opinion is to ditch the regular foam and get closed cell foam instead. It is much easier to cut and you can cut it way more accurate. If you cut it slightly smaller than the light itself it will hold the light really tight, even if you hold the opened pelicase upside down. The closed cell foam adjusts to the light and keeps it´s form even if you remove the light. All my pelicans have closed cell foam now and I would never go back to regular foam (open cell foam).

Eric

Edit: Here is an older example:

mcgizmos.jpg

Just WOW. Yours??

rbmcmjr

Newly Enlightened
No pictures handy at the moment but after reading through here I thought I would recommend another foam alternative: Kaizen Foam (just search for that term and you will find plenty of links)

This is a closed-cell foam that is made of thin (1/8") layers laminated to a uniform thickness. I have used both 30mm and 57mm to organize my tool box but you can order Pelican Cases with this pre-installed if you so desire. Like the other closed-cell foam, trace and cut to your desired depth but then pull up only the portions you need. The bottom can look like a contour map of the shape you are tracing has multiple depths.

Rick

Abbellan

Newly Enlightened
I am obviously a Fenix Fan!I wanted the case to be "one stop shopping" depending on the activity. My duty light (Fenix TK22) resides on my duty belt. I rotate a few of these as back-ups. Usually the PD35 TAC

G]IMG_1961 by Brad Thorne, on Flickr[/IMG]