Post your Pelican case setup!

DenBarrettSAR

Enlightened
I usually pick a number of lights from the display cabinets when i go on Camping trips or travel and put them in a case.
I used to keep them all in the cases, but it got hard to remember which case certain lights were in.

LightsCases1_zps98818413.jpg

DisplayCase01_zps5da2e766.jpg

shadokillr

Newly Enlightened
WOW ! Really nice collections . Organized , secure and at the same time showcased in a very presentable fashion .

Nicrod

Flashaholic
In the last two weeks I renewed the setup of all my remaining pelican cases completely. The last few years I didn´t buy the original pelican foam anymore since it is way too wobbly for me and doesn´t hold the lights secure once the case is open. I always use closed cell foam now. The trick is to cut the inlay slightly larger than the case itself would hold so that it compresses a bit when inserted and the inlays for the lights slightly smaller than the lights themselfs. That way the foam holds the lights even when the case is open - you can hold it upside down and even shake it and they wont fall out!! You´ll have to leave the lights inside the case for a few days and after that the foam adjusted itself to the form of the lights and will hold that form even when the lights are not inside the case. Eventually it will return to the way it was cut but that takes quite a while. Also I try to cut a bit longer than the light itself so that the foam does not touch the lens. I also decided to represent what´s inside the case with a sticker on the Pelican label.

pelis.jpg

Pelican 1200 with my remaining customs:

customs1.jpg

customs2.jpg

Pelican 1170 with my Pocket Rockes:

pocketrockets1.jpg

pocketrockets2.jpg

Pelican 1170 with my "tanatized" Surefire E-Series:

sf1.jpg

sf2.jpg

sf3.jpg

Pelican 1400 with some of my Surefires:

surefires1.jpg

surefires2.jpg

surefires3.jpg

See how the foam clings to the lights..... and in the next picture how the foam resembles the form of the lights:

schaum.jpg

Eric

im in love with your collection of E1e's with Tana's tripLED's, just simply divine! I really like the colored Oring accents.
It just reminds me that I need to add a few more tripLED to my collection. Super nice collection buddy!

sphere

Newly Enlightened
Hi,
Would you consider making/selling your Peli 1010 123 Lexan case inserts?

Sphere
David

aribach

Newly Enlightened
Hi, i'm after a case for my flashlights. Collection seems to be growing and would be nice to have a case to keep them in. Some sort of sponge or foam inside would be good. Anybody have any ideas? Something briefcase size and not too expensive [Just bought a V11Rvn and S200C2vn]. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mrwunderful

Newly Enlightened
I am drooling over some of these setups.

Does anybody use a soft case like a maxpedition gun rug?

KDM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I also plan to set up my pelican case this way. Some lights will be vertically placed and the long ones will be horizontally. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks, I usually have a couple of Zebra light headlamps where the AC adapter and orange battery cases are. I switch it around for different needs / jobs.