post your streamlights

ven

Flashaholic
How are you finding the HL now mr fixer, after a month or so? The slightly larger size, is it a user or kind of one that comes out on special occasions type light.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Well... for us junkies it's a purpose light that comes out on occasions where a full sized Mag would get the nod.

I used it the other night to see what a neighbors cat was doing in a front yard 3 doors down (100 meters away give or take a few). Turns out a squirrel that was still out after sundown paid the ultimate price.

The light was released at an awkward time for me. My collecting has been going backwards in time, which in turn means dimmer and dimmer lights are arriving. They have been getting the most use lately.

With that said, if not for the time travel expedition that HL4 would probably be my go to for evening strolls.

For the average person who programs it to L/M/H it would be the ultimate 2D sized flashlight. 60 lumen low covers most needs very well. Even though the thing is heavily diffused at low setting it still throws 50' easily. But enter the "what was that" scenario while **** and Jane walk their pooches with the self defense weight and size of this thing (with potential sledge hammer head)... Jane would feel nice and secure when **** mometaries the light to the 600 lumens.
And **** would feel like "thah-man" while it's on medium and his neighbors would be impressed. Couple medium with a 5 hour rated run time and neither **** or Jane are thinking "batteries are expensive".

Then theirs the awe inspiring 2200 lumen setting.
Back to the cat: My neighbor was out for a stroll and noticed the cat doing weird stuff.
I was testing a 1940 Burgess light. Had the HL 4 in the other hand. If I have to whack something I'd rather destroy a new one than a vintage one...but anyway he shines the 500 lumen Husky he had on the cat. Now vs my maybe 50 lumen of incan Burgess the guy is thinking "Mike's going to dig my new Husky"...(neither of us knew the other is a flashlight junky).

He shines it on the cat from 100 yards and says "here's my new toy"... I respond "oh, that's not bad" and turn on the HL4 to low. I shined that and the Burgess towards the cat so as not to try to humble the guy too bad. He asked "how many lumens? Mine is 500" I said 60 on low. He says "Low? How many on high?" So I triggered medium and said "600 on medium", then triggered to high and suddenly lit the night.

Not long after some neighbors started coming outside to see why 'the cops were shining spot lights out front. lol.

My neighbor said he was going to have an HL4 soon. Another neighbor said "man, that's one bad*** Maglite" lol.

By this summer I'll probably have the ProTac HL 1 cell (350 lumens on a 123 or 150 on a double A) and maybe the ProTac USB (900 lumens on an 18650). But that's after returning from the time travel expedition.
Streamlight is going the modern path as only Streamlight can do.

ven

Flashaholic
Cool story:D

I am trying to keep up with your back to the past and to the future purchases..................your like the Dr Who of flashlights :laughing: , travelling time! I am enjoying the journey!

bykfixer

Flashaholic
After playing with incan beams like this lately...

I turned on my 14 lumen microstream last night to light my way to the rear of my home after lights out and went "holy crap it's bright"
Yet the HL4 on low a couple minutes later was not distressing at all.

The time warp thing is teaching me a lot about 'the more things change, the more they stay the same'.

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
The answer to the Mag 2aaa mini mag.

The pocket-mate.
Shown with the key-mate incan.
Minty condition too.

And 6 new bulbs.
Light was bulb-less so I used one.

Here's one Streamlight forgot.

A 2aa poly body with swiveling head.

Since I have no idea the name or model...
We'll call it "the corn cob pipe light" until its real name is known.
Corn cob pipe light uses a standard PR bulb and arrived with a working Phillips PR4 (w/ HK stamped on it)

All 3 have 'Norristown Pa' on them.

Last edited:

RWT1405

Flashlight Enthusiast
Streamlight? Never heard of 'em.

Streamlights%20May%2023%202016_zpsyqfau1cy.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I have many other Streamlights, just what I could pull together for a quick picture.

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Streamlight? Never heard of 'em.

Streamlights%20May%2023%202016_zpsyqfau1cy.jpg~original
[/URL][/IMG]

I have many other Streamlights, just what I could pull together for a quick picture.

Please elaborate.
For the history books and all.

Rob at Streamlight was like "key-mate has always been LED".

I showed him a pic. He replied "that's old, we don't have parts for that".

Good effort there Rob.

Last edited:

freefly

Newly Enlightened
How are you finding the HL now mr fixer, after a month or so? The slightly larger size, is it a user or kind of one that comes out on special occasions type light.
Not Mr. F, but figured I'd throw my $.02 in. I picked an HL4 a while ago, and returned it soon after. Nothing really "wrong" with it, but I was just a bit underwhelmed. I was hoping it would be a clear/obvious step up from my HL3, but in practical use that wasn't the case (for me). Compared to it's little brother (the HL3), the HL4 is much larger, heavier, and doesn't throw as far. I like the fact that it takes 18650s, but I can run 2x17500s in the HL3 without issue. With it's frosted TIR optic, the HL4 does put out a nice floody beam, but that wasn't really what I was after (didn't realize it used optics until after purchase). So, I ended up buying a Convoy L6 instead. YMMV!

ven

Flashaholic
Thanks for the info freefly , with the flood it sounds like a light I would like!

Cool pic mr fixer, soon your pics will be by a drone only :laughing:

autogiro

Enlightened
Stinger, UltraStinger, SL20, 7D, SL35, SL35 (converted to 35X) Stinger XL? and SL20X and yes, there is a NIB SL20 in that box, with AC and DC adapters and charging sleeve.
Forgot to add an original Scorpion, with nylon holster, to the pic. I have a few more but they are duplicates.
Auto

29238525106_0d673cf672_c.jpg

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Sounds like an outstanding collection. How long have you been accumulating cop lights?

I'd love to add a Kel-Lite or two, but $150 for beaters? No thanks.
Instead I bought some Brinkmann Legend Keller editions.

autogiro

Enlightened
Sounds like an outstanding collection. How long have you been accumulating cop lights?

I'd love to add a Kel-Lite or two, but $150 for beaters? No thanks.
Instead I bought some Brinkmann Legend Keller editions.

About 25 years.
Not all were used for or by cops, Stud-Lites were geared toward truckers (Kel-Lite by another name). Heck, look how may mechanics still swear by their 2 and 3 cell Maglites!
Auto

Dknight16

Newly Enlightened
I still have my 199x rechargeable Stinger 75014, and a couple of TwinTask 2Ls for around the house. I gave my ProTac 1L to my son a couple of years ago.