Preon clicky button easy "mod"

Demon27

Newly Enlightened
I just bought a Preon 2 and I agree with a lot of other people that the button sticks out just a little too far and is too easy to switch modes. I would like to eventually find a tail standing ring like the Zodiac piece but it appears that their site is down. In the meantime I tried sticking an o-ring on the button ring and I really like the results. Now the button is slightly recessed into the ring when fully depressed. It is not difficult to press but each depression of the switch feels more deliberate. With the stock switch I found myself switching modes inadvertently.

Last edited:

fnsooner

Enlightened
Looks good. I have been carrying a Preon 2 since they have been available. The last two or three years I have been using mine with the metal cap completly removed. It takes a little getting used to because the switch is recessed but that is the only way to go as for as I am concerned. It will also tailstand this way.

couch

Newly Enlightened
Sorry to bump an old thread but I may have had some website issues last month. I am still offering the clicky mod. Shoot me an email if you'd like to get it going. Otherwise, the oring setup looks to be a pretty sweet option!

-Ken