• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Progress on April's Batch

okluma

Enlightened
Wow Vary nice! I hope I can grab one of this.
Hope you will do more next batch if I miss this one.
It'll probably be awhile before I do any more of these damascus lights. There will be 6 to 8 of these in the lottery.

DellSuperman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah... That's something you've got to get over as a machinist, since pretty much all we do is remove material.

This isn't a finished surface, just a quick polish and etch to see what they'll look like.

25866193293_8f51256245_c.jpg
Amazing! Looks pretty good i must say

easilyled

Flashaholic
That damascus finish looks very nice but I was wondering if you would use a deeper etch in the finished light for more contrast?

okluma

Enlightened
Any word on when the lottery will kick off?

I had a few minor mishaps in the shop that slowed me down a little. I'm hoping to send out an email in the next few days with that info. I'm guessing The lottery will start around the 1st and run for a week.

That damascus finish looks very nice but I was wondering if you would use a deeper etch in the finished light for more contrast?

Yes. I've been playing around with my etching and I'm getting better results. This isn't the final product, but it's better.
26531145261_2fe74e50e0_c.jpg

Light11

Flashlight Enthusiast
:paypal: Thank you Jeff:grin2::D:grin2:
Seriously I like what see.
Is that deep etched to show more demarcation between the alloys?

I had a few minor mishaps in the shop that slowed me down a little. I'm hoping to send out an email in the next few days with that info. I'm guessing The lottery will start around the 1st and run for a week.

Yes. I've been playing around with my etching and I'm getting better results. This isn't the final product, but it's better.
26531145261_2fe74e50e0_c.jpg

okluma

Enlightened
:paypal: Thank you Jeff:grin2::D:grin2:
Seriously I like what see.
Is that deep etched to show more demarcation between the alloys?

I didn't mean to etch quite that deep, but I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. I'm still working on getting the timing down for the etches.