• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Progress on April's Batch

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast
I didn't mean to etch quite that deep, but I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. I'm still working on getting the timing down for the etches.
Personaly I think the deeper etch looks pretty cool. I always liked the darker damascus much better than the lighter where the differen alloys/layers are hard to recognize. The Orb Raw Da and Wee Da were really great looking examples of damascus lights for my taste.

Eric

easilyled

Flashaholic
Personaly I think the deeper etch looks pretty cool. I always liked the darker damascus much better than the lighter where the differen alloys/layers are hard to recognize. The Orb Raw Da and Wee Da were really great looking examples of damascus lights for my taste.

Eric

+1 Deeper etch is more beautiful in my opinion too. My Hanko Damascus is etched so that I can feel the layers separately with my fingers. The contrast is marvellous on that. Obviously the threads have to be blocked out first.

okluma

Enlightened
Soooo, just thought I would see how April's batch is coming along?

Sorry for the delay. It's obviously no longer April. I have just opened the lottery for damascus. The link is here.

Titanium should be done in about 2 weeks I think.

okluma

Enlightened
I should probably include a picture of the damascus.
26215718553_6edf58f565_c.jpg

nbp

Flashaholic
Arrrrggghhhh! I want one of those! Dam TinyDC or furniture for new apartment... Decisions!! 🤔

jso902

Enlightened
Jeff, those lights look amazing. Wow! Beautiful machine work.
The Damascus looks more like art then light. Just stunning.

okluma

Enlightened