• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Project Genesis - Sky Lumen Nguyen (It's Here!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKV89

Enlightened
Re: Will you support my 1st light? "Project Genesis"

Vinh,

Just don't do what 4sevens did and got sued by Surefire. That was nasty. We all want you to succeed. Good luck buddy!

Just curious, can you tell me which Surefire light this reminds you of? I want to check it out. I dont have knowledge of Surefire brand.

SKV89

Enlightened

Vinh why is the lens recessed so far back? Is the intention to minimoze spill?

K2-bk-bl-rd

Flashlight Enthusiast

Is the bezel diameter 1 inch? I was hoping for a little larger head, for better throw. Can't wait to see the final light!

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Vinh why is the lens recessed so far back? Is the intention to minimoze spill?

Just an illusion. The internal lip is too faint to see. The lens is only 3mm away from the front.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Is the bezel diameter 1 inch? I was hoping for a little larger head, for better throw. Can't wait to see the final light!

I will have details dimensions once ready. The throw version of this light will throw more than 80Kcd. Relatively competitive for the size of the light.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Looks like it'll be a clicky for me then. I like twisties, but that one is too much for me too.

I do imagine most will opt for the conventional clicky tail cap with pocket clip.

Nokoff

Enlightened
Will you support my 1st light? "Project Genesis"

I'm just a bit surprised you didn't ride the wave of soda can lights. Not saying you don't have ideas there; it's a big trend right now. There have been some huge hits lately in that area, very innovative offerings. I'd like to see you go head to head with the ROT66. I like it so much I and others own multiples. Same with my X80 25k Lumen soda can, love it. I have some Manker E14 and Astrolux 2k+ Lumen quads that put my best P60s to shame, and I paid like nothing for them.
I feel like any one of those is good inspiration. We have custom makers who do a slightly different tailcap or knurling and sell it for $300 but they're really not better to me, just niche. I was always more of a Macs customs guy rather than the spy007 and haiku, HDS, etc. Before your time, but he made a m@g into a 4K Lumen fire-starter 10 years before anyone else. He even had some innovative ideas going on but he wasn't very attentive to his following here. You are the Mac of the present, without the downside! We need you to cut loose and do what you do. If this is how it begins that's fine I'm buying one to support you, even if it's got an ugly tailcap. [emoji6]. PS I love twisties

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast

I like the idea of the twisty tail better. I'm assuming shorter length, less prone to failure and water leakage. More unique.

Is that a big stainless steel bezel surrounding the head?

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

I like the idea of the twisty tail better. I'm assuming shorter length, less prone to failure and water leakage. More unique.

Is that a big stainless steel bezel surrounding the head?

Everything is aluminum other than Ti Clip. There is no bezel. The head is all one piece.

Steeldog

Newly Enlightened

I think it's a good start for being a prototype. I plan to go with the clicky tail cap with titanium tail clip. I can imagine in anodized black with tritium and V54, the final finish product will come out decent looking. The main thing is that it's bomb proof and functional. I almost wanted but a pocket rocket Acebeam EC65vn but I'm holding out. This will be even cooler.

Last edited:

Keitho

Enlightened

Looks like a very well thought-out, customizable platform that will suit a wide swath of people. The lower-profile tailcap looks like a great way to have clicky, anti-roll, and pocketable. The more aggressive tailcap looks like a great option for gloved use (diving, winter, tactical, etc.) when being carried in a jacket pocket or holster. And we know all the options that will happen at the business end, knowing vinh--thrower, mule, and everything in between, if I had to guess! Getting very excited...

SA Condor

Enlightened
South Carolina and Bolivia, South America

Hey Vinh, any chance you could make a couple twisty tail caps available since you are already making this legoable? You could run with the dive twisty that you already have and then another with a similar profile as the clicky? Just a thought. As it stands right now, I'll be going clicky unless another twisty option is available. Either way, you've got my support.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Hey Vinh, any chance you could make a couple twisty tail caps available since you are already making this legoable? You could run with the dive twisty that you already have and then another with a similar profile as the clicky? Just a thought. As it stands right now, I'll be going clicky unless another twisty option is available. Either way, you've got my support.

Its possible but I dont have the budget to do many different option in small quantity yet. I cant just make like 50.

SKV89

Enlightened

For the size of this 21700 light, it would make for an ideal noctigon triple or quad emitter flashlight. Is that a possibility

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

For the size of this 21700 light, it would make for an ideal noctigon triple or quad emitter flashlight. Is that a possibility

Triples & Quads are available options.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Twisty fins greatly rounded down for comfort. Better? :)

trailhunter

Flashlight Enthusiast

I think if the edges were more pronounced, like a very subtle variation of what you are trying to stick with sounds good, could you cad that example?

Status
Not open for further replies.