Re: 15 watt Ostar LED powered bike light.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chelboed

Newly Enlightened

Too expensive for only 15w / 1150lm...IMO if you're offering a light that's 1150lm at that price, it should be no larger than about 1"x2" in size...moded...and efficient enough that you can mount a smaller battery on the helmet for a couple hrs runtime.

Last edited:

calebra

Banned

Last edited:

chelboed

Newly Enlightened

Mikes offerings are only for the capable and the discerning.

my 2 lumens:wave:
:mad:

:confused:

I'm not saying anything about the quality...I'm just saying that it's too expensive for the performance. It's not very "helmet'able" due to the water bottle battery. The housing itself is pretty bulky. Heck look at the 7Up. It looks to be similar in size, much brighter, 1/2 the price. MaxFlex is a great driver setup. Build quality is good. Same goes for the KLite triple G.

I'm not attacking...just being realistic. It looks a bit outdated with regards to size-to-performance.

Maybe the Ostar is too inefficient to try producing something like this. Maybe he should hold out for a multiple XM design this fall.

Last edited:

calebra

Banned

i have the K tronic on my helmet no slouch at all, i have a double tri xpg on my bike, certainly no slouch, the cyclops is a damn fine light as far as i am concerned, the osram has past the test of time and is no slouch either, esp if u bump it up to 24 watts. the battery pack has a length of cord and fits snugly into a water pack on ur back:twothumbs

chelboed

Newly Enlightened

I hate it when I'm right:wave:

I'm just kidding...and it's probably a decent rig...but I just know that my own 1100lm triple XP-G lights are only about 1"x1.7" (ish) and I wouldn't dream of asking over $200 for them. If people are gonna pay $450-$500...they're probably going to either buy some sort of steroidal trout light or something glitzy like a Lupine.:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.