Re: Random Pictures Thread Part III

Hey Chance, what are you taking pictures of?

wOEx68D.jpg

SG4iZBO.jpg

We looked him/her up in the Birds of Washington book. Barred Owl. This one is a little over 12 inches tall and didn't seem to mind when I approached. I was about 15 feet away when another bird flew over and Barred followed. These were taken with a iPhone5 at my mother's house.

~ Chance

RGRAY

Flashlight Enthusiast

My cat Isaak all punked out.

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D

That looks like a Calico Cat. We moved our Philadelphia Calico to the desert in Feb. of this year. And she loves it here with the rest of the indoor cats. Plus out of our control, a group of feral cats has established a colony on our property, and. They even have a colony "Annex'" in a different area we don't feed them but do water them in the dead of summer.

I put out some designer water, (It's just tap water, but I fill up some fancy waste-of-money-bottle), to make the wife think I'm giving them something over the top. It's too hot here so I do give them some water.

Nevertheless, nice photo, and you are right the cat makes the photo. Thanks for sharing, I like the photo, it's like anywhere, America.

PS...the cats have been trapped, fixed, and ear notched, micro chipped, to indicate they should be set free if trapped again. This is a new thing they do here, and other places is to catch the felines, fix em, ear notch them to ID them, and set them back where they were captured. They help keep the rodent problem down, plus cats are allowed out with no supervision if fixed.

Last edited:

We've been hand-feeding this female for over a year. When the neighbor's cat is anywhere on the property she makes quite a racket. However, she'll walk right up to within inches of Star, since he isn't a threat.

~ Chance
XcNBr6u.jpg

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic

Many years ago we were hand feeding a female squirrel. After several months of this, she disappeared for awhile. Then one day she came back and brought her babies with her to meet us and to teach them about this friendly food source. We felt very honored that she trusted us enough to bring the babies along.

slackercruster

Newly Enlightened
Born L.A. - NYC 2nd home - Rustbelt home base
Vintage photo of a turkey chase - Thanksgiving 1952

Originally entitled "Vintage photo of a turkey chase - Thanksgiving 1952"

Vintage photo of a turkey chase.

https://danieldteolijrarchivalcollection.wordpress.com/2017/11/20/thanksgiving-1952/

Last edited by a moderator:

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's the first street size LED I've seen. Interesting modular panels, five Phillips head screws and pop modules in/out.
Are the lamps functional yet, how's the CCT at night when fired up?

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
That's the first street size LED I've seen. Interesting modular panels, five Phillips head screws and pop modules in/out.
Are the lamps functional yet, how's the CCT at night when fired up?
I haven't seen them lit up yet as it's still daylight when I leave the area for the day. I will let you know when I see it lit up. In the meantime, here's a closeup of the top of the unit.

LED_streetlight_top.jpg