Recommend me a keychain light to compliment my HDS...

Hondo

Flashlight Enthusiast
In particular, follow that second link to the original Sapphire, Don goes into all of the detail of the relationship to Peters Arc AAA there. In short, yes, heads should interchange.

fyrstormer

Banned
I contact Don on a regular basis. ;)

I have in fact read the Sapphire 25 thread. Scroll down and you'll see I specifically referenced the Arc AAA Ti in a post I made back in 2010. ;) As previously stated, even back then I knew the titanium Arc AAA was a clone of the Sapphire and is therefore interchangeable, but Don never directly stated in that thread whether the aluminum Arc AAA was interchangeable with the Sapphire.

I had forgotten about the original, non-regulated Sapphire. You're right, Don does mention in his description that the original Sapphire was designed in collaboration with Peter Gransee and has the same threading. That was a decade ago and I simply forgot.

dorikinhajime

Newly Enlightened
I have been toying with the idea of my back up light to be a keychain cr123 flashlight. If my hds ever needs a battery I can pull it from the back up light.
I have narrowed it down to EagTac D25c MKII, I considered Olight Mini, E15 cr123 light off of Aliexpress, fourseven mini. I will update if you like.