Redilast vs AW 18650 differences?

bee-man

Newly Enlightened
Hi, can anyone tell me if the end to end length between the AW 3100mAh (flat top) and Redilast 3100mAh (button top) is roughly the same? I would like to try Redilast, but I am a little concerned that the length (assumed to be longer with button) may be too tight in my SR51 or other 18650 lights. Thanks!

HKJ

Flashaholic
Hi, can anyone tell me if the end to end length between the AW 3100mAh (flat top) and Redilast 3100mAh (button top) is roughly the same? I would like to try Redilast, but I am a little concerned that the length (assumed to be longer with button) may be too tight in my SR51 or other 18650 lights. Thanks!

They are not the same length:

But most light will work with both lengths and a few lights will not work with flattop (i.e. AW) batteries.

space-cowboy

Newly Enlightened
I do not have any bare NCR18650A cells at the current time and I doubt that there is much difference between the protected batteries and the bare cells.

The reason I am asking about bare Panasonic NCRs is that review in Spanish bare cells perform quite different than same cells with protection circuit. It just doesn't make sense.

HKJ

Flashaholic
The reason I am asking about bare Panasonic NCRs is that review in Spanish bare cells perform quite different than same cells with protection circuit. It just doesn't make sense.

It looks like there is extra resistance in the test circuit for that test (less brightness, longer runtime, i.e. less power draw).

HKJ

Flashaholic
Are you saying that more internal resistance - brighter is light ?

I am looking at the translation 2:33 hour runtime and 15500 lux for raw NCR18650 and 2:05 hour runtime and 17000 lux for proteced.
As you say, that does not make sense, except if there is some extra resistance in the circuit.

That resistance can be due to a bad connection or maybe something in the battery.

space-cowboy

Newly Enlightened
I am looking at the translation 2:33 hour runtime and 15500 lux for raw NCR18650 and 2:05 hour runtime and 17000 lux for proteced.
As you say, that does not make sense, except if there is some extra resistance in the circuit.

That resistance can be due to a bad connection or maybe something in the battery.

Yep, I agree.

Thank you for your valuable opinion.