REV Victor-World's Longest Throwing LED Light

monanza

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice. Patiently waiting impatiently for its enthusiastic arrival! :D

I take it by triple binned emitters you mean over a 100 lumens / watt on maximum drive?

jagster936

Newly Enlightened
I replied to the gmail email from you but if possible I'd like to pick up in person. I'm in Texas 3-4 hrs from Garland. Only if I could tomorrow or Sunday. Then play on weekend :). I left number in email

Alex1234

Flashlight Enthusiast
Im short a hundred bucks :( Darn.
Maybe ill just get the defx X edc. Its just hard to drop that much on a much smaller light.

Alex1234

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just bought the DeftX edc !!!! That one hurt when i hit pay lol. Im not used to spending this much on a light but this one looks special and i feel it would get used more the the vector. People need to post beamshots of that light. That thread kinda died altho i understand why lol. Saab do you have any additional photos or beamshots of the edc version so that the half a grand does not hurt so bad :D

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just bought the DeftX edc !!!! That one hurt when i hit pay lol. Im not used to spending this much on a light but this one looks special and i feel it would get used more the the vector. People need to post beamshots of that light. That thread kinda died altho i understand why lol. Saab do you have any additional photos or beamshots of the edc version so that the half a grand does not hurt so bad :D

I am soooo tired and am going to bed. That said I do have something to make that purchase not hurt so bad. I will surprise you with it later.

panag

Enlightened
So this is a bigger announcement than I originally let on. Due to the circumstances I am going to release this a little different than I have in the past. There will be two variants of the Victor released at once. I only have 24 bodies and limited time to release and sell and I figured if I released the regular Victor and then sprung the more powerful version on you as your lights were in route you'd wring my neck. So the two models being released today are the Victor and the Victor Enthusiast. I have managed to get significantly more power out of this platform. Here was my other dilemma. I wasn't sure which light you all would want more. So what I have done is build out a few of both and prepared all the parts that I would need for final assembly of the rest. This way all the lights can be allocated according to your wishes. The built lights show in stock. If it says backordered you are safe to order and it will be built out to your specs shortly. I will shut down the ability to purchase on backorder as soon as I have filled the available 24 spots.
very nice job

So more powerful you say?:poke:

The regular Victor is best thought of as a DEFT-X without the bright-work and slightly higher performance. Typical performance is 1,050,000cd.

• Specifications
  • -1,050,000cd
  • -Direct to copper bonded Cree XPG2 Neutral tint
  • -Runs on 3 18650 Lithium-ion cells. Recommend Orbtronic "Protected 3400mAh NCR18650B" or similar "Protected" cell for maximum runtimes.
  • -564 grams without batteries/aprx 695 grams with batteries
  • -Length 205mm x 75mm(head diameter)
  • -6 level light output plus strobe
  • -Runtime aprx 2 1/2-3 hrs on high
  • -Forward clicky rear switch allows for mode selection before light powered on.

Now for the Enthusiast model

The Victor Enthusiast is the longest throwing LED flashlight in the world. It builds on the legendary DEFT-X platform with several enhancements that allow this light to have searing performance. This is a hyper light with every aspect taken to the current limits of technology. Improvements in the Enthusiast model are a new super high conductivity copper LED base with the LED mounting plate directly soldered, tripple binned LEDs, heavy gauge wires, top binned lenses, and a boosted driver. Performance now reaches an unbelievable 1.3 million candela typical!!!

• Specifications
  • -1,300,000cd
  • -Direct to copper bonded Cree XPG2 S4 Neutral tint
  • -Runs on 3 18650 Lithium-ion cells. Recommend Orbtronic "Protected 3400mAh NCR18650B" or similar "Protected" cell for maximum runtimes.
  • -584 grams without batteries/aprx 718 grams with batteries
  • -Length 205mm x 75mm(head diameter)
  • -6 level light output plus strobe
  • -Runtime aprx 2hrs on high
  • -Forward clicky rear switch allows for mode selection before light powered on.

magnum70383

Enlightened
Are you kidding me!? I stayed up to 3:05am and you brought it out at 3:17am? Haha. Backordered enthusiast!!!

Last edited:

X_Marine

Enlightened
Well dang, in my delirious state of mind I almost forgot to execute my bragging rights. ')

Invoice #: 0000001587, Order Date: Sat, Dec 5, 2015 01:32:39, One "REV Victor". Not sure but I'm thinking because it was available and not back ordered, that it may already be ready for shipping. :twothumbs

I wish I could get away for a cpl days and drive up and grab it. Like jagster936, I'm also 4 or 5hrs away. But too busy trying to make time for a run to Hillsboro in a cpl weeks.

@Alex1234, I recently bought the DEFT-X edc and am very pleased with it. I think you will especially like the interface.

@magnum70383, "I'm still refreshing... Lol" there's an app for that. "refresh every" it's an add on for FireFox and I'm sure most other browsers. ')

Congrats to Michael for a splendid Release, and I doubt if anyone wants to wring your neck. lol

Many thanks
icon14.gif

X/BillyD..

star_c_star

Enlightened
Thank-you, Michael, for pushing flashlight throw technology to new limits.

Very recently, a new modded reflector flashlight was released with around 1 million cd, using the same led as the DEFT-X and the two REV-Victors. I bought the reflector light, but also bought the DEFT-edc X and of course had to buy the REV-Victor Enthusiast.

So, now the new attained throw limit is 1.3 million cd. If the Wavien collar cannot be used after this month, the new record may well stand for a while.

Do you have any plans to release something within a couple years that can go to (let's hope) 2 million cd?

ma tumba

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just paid for the edc kind based on the understanding that I would hardly ever carry a Victor. On the other hand, I so much appreciate all the technology that Mike put into the Victor and btw I like the user interface.

So I wonder how you guys who have experience with the original DEFT-X actually use your DEFTs and plan on using the Victors (as opposed to just having the joy of ownership and admiring the throw from time to time)?

Capolini

Banned
REV Victor Enthusiast =1.3 million cd =2280m or 1mile and 733yds.! Almost 1.5 miles of throw!:eek:

TOO BAD THIS DID NOT COME OUT 2 YEARS AGO IN THE BEGINNING OF MY ADDICTION[I MEAN HOBBY] when the funds would be no problem!