(Review) Lumintop Tool AA 2.0

hiuintahs

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not sure if it was pure PWM or not but when I do a run time test, I sample once every 4 seconds and if the output is up and down (even if your eyes don't see it), it just makes a mess out of my chart. I guess I'm too much of purist when it comes to driver design.

I'm not at my computer where I can check the run time chart but from what I remember with an AA, the efficiency was pretty good. It's really not a bad light. I shouldn't diss it too much. I'd buy another on a Lightning sale on Amazon. Hard to beat it for the price.

Batang Regla

Newly Enlightened
Timothybil,

i just read you bought it on amazonns in a flash deal? The ones with magnetic tail cap not part of the flash deals? Or there is really no option even in normal retail price?

I think you can private mesage the lumintop vendor at aliexpress. You try to ask if he can ship "parts order"

Like this one in the official store

Link for you to pay mix orders or extra fee we are...
US $1.00 / piece
Orders(30)

- - - -

hiuintahs

how cheap you bought on a lightning sale? Mine was around $18 at aliexpress with magnetic tail and 14500 battery. Right now its 27.99. Lookng forward again for best deals on 11/11 sale.

hiuintahs

Flashlight Enthusiast
hiuintahs

how cheap you bought on a lightning sale? Mine was around $18 at aliexpress with magnetic tail and 14500 battery. Right now its 27.99. Lookng forward again for best deals on 11/11 sale.
Regular price is $17.99 and the Lightning Deal was$12.39. It did not come with a 14500 battery or the magnetic tail cap.

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
I found the deal on the Facebook page, and the link I followed only pointed to the regular Tool AA, there was no mention of a magnetic tail cap.
There was a deal for the silver IYP365 also, so I got both for $28 USD. Can't complain about that. Besides, I'm not sure I really want a magnetic tail cap anyway. It's kinda like I didn't get it so I want it, but not really. I have magnetic tail on one of my Tool AAAs, and while it is nice, I wish I could find the clicky cap for it so I could put it back on instead.

mountaindewer

Newly Enlightened
Sorry to revive an old thread, but has anyone had an issue with theirs flickering when the battery gets low? Mine will start flickering ever so slightly, then as the minutes go by it will pick up in speed, faster and faster. It then stops, but then the only modes available is low and a very weak medium. I'm using it with alkaline and nimh batteries.