ReyLight Mokume Gane AA/14500 flashlight coming soon

Ozythemandias

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't care much about modes as long as it's spaced well and no mode memory. Oh, and a sub lumen mode. Guess I do care [emoji14]

In my opinion an AA light is too big to keychain carry and needs a clip. Maybe do two tailcap options? One with clip and one with trits instead?

Ozythemandias

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't care much about modes as long as it's spaced well and no mode memory. Oh, and a sub lumen mode. Guess I do care [emoji14]

In my opinion an AA light is too big to keychain carry and needs a clip. Maybe do two tailcap options? One with clip and one with trits instead?

Weld Inspector

Enlightened
For the record Rey I like all of your lights the way they come, I was only asking IF it had a trit slot, I make no demands your lights are awesome

hbk_rey

Enlightened

qwertyasdfgh
When I reply to the thread, "space" doesn't work when I type in the 1st line, any same experience?

Will have trit slots, don't worry. No promise on the clip though. Any suggested good clips on the open market?
Now the tail and tube cannot be separated.

Ozythemandias

Flashlight Enthusiast
qwertyasdfgh
When I reply to the thread, "space" doesn't work when I type in the 1st line, any same experience?

Will have trit slots, don't worry. No promise on the clip though. Any suggested good clips on the open market?
Now the tail and tube cannot be separated.

If you do the two screw "standard" sizing that most makers seem to be using now (Oveready, Okluma, StrongLights, McGizmo, SteelFlame) you don't even have to supply a clip, let the customer buy the one they like if they need it.

I don't know how it will fit with the diameter of the tail, might need a raised part with a flatter curve to fit their spacing and curve. You can offer if tapped and use the holes for an optional keychain loop attachment like the old HDS lights.

Orrrrrrr, hear me out here, let's say you have holes found around the the tail portion. You can have them utilized for trit mounting, with the end of the tube visible on the side and the length (side) of the tube visible looking down at the tail cap. Two of those holes can be tapped for the clip but if people don't want a clip they can fill the holes with trits and it's invisible.

Maybe I'm getting carried away and it won't work but here's a terrible drawing I scribbled up on my phone.

9CuRpLA.png

hbk_rey

Enlightened
If you do the two screw "standard" sizing that most makers seem to be using now (Oveready, Okluma, StrongLights, McGizmo, SteelFlame) you don't even have to supply a clip, let the customer buy the one they like if they need it.

I don't know how it will fit with the diameter of the tail, might need a raised part with a flatter curve to fit their spacing and curve. You can offer if tapped and use the holes for an optional keychain loop attachment like the old HDS lights.

Orrrrrrr, hear me out here, let's say you have holes found around the the tail portion. You can have them utilized for trit mounting, with the end of the tube visible on the side and the length (side) of the tube visible looking down at the tail cap. Two of those holes can be tapped for the clip but if people don't want a clip they can fill the holes with trits and it's invisible.

Maybe I'm getting carried away and it won't work but here's a terrible drawing I scribbled up on my phone.

Thanks for the suggestion. Make a spacing to fit other (18350/18650) clips sounds great. The thickness is not availabe now, will see what I can do. I don't understand the HDS light you mentioned, could you pls pm me link or pic?
Trit slots, how about this:

The tail kinda reminds me of the complete new LAN.
QQ截图20171025135732 by Rey Ye, 於 Flickr

Last edited:

RGRAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
My thoughts:

Driver
same as Lan and Piineapple with 3 modes

No clip
Trits
3x11mm in the middle
2 1.5x6 on the sides

Definitly a pre-sale and Count me in for one. ;)

hbk_rey

Enlightened
My thoughts:

Driver
same as Lan and Piineapple with 3 modes

No clip
Trits
3x11mm in the middle
2 1.5x6 on the sides

Definitly a pre-sale and Count me in for one. ;)

Also thinking to carve a hole the middle, and make 2 1.5*6 beneath it on the tail surface.

phosphor22

Enlightened
New Lan!! Nice. No tailstanding though?

the following would be great:

- tailstanding ability is very important - especially since it is an AA!
this will be a great light to keep by the bed if it can tailstand for forays around the house when wants a little light to see by, and with trits to help find it in the dark.

- clicky like in the LAN
- LAN driver, with exact same 4 modes (it is easy to advance very quickly through them to the desired level)
- the latest reflector and LED
- regarding trits - perhaps like the LAN on the head - 3 around the light, and a few around the bottom in the outside grooves that already seem to be there (maybe a few more grooves could be added - same size trits as in the head) and maybe one in the switch, as in the LAN.

I think tailstanding is far more important that placing trits on the flat surface of the bottom of the light.

If this ends up not being a clicky, then it could tailstand in this way -- check out the bottom of lights such as the Lumintop Ant -- this still would allow for a trit and a way to put a split ring in place, and since it is an AA, the triangular configuration on the bottom of the Fenix E99 Ti would I think allow for a trit slot as well.

I love the LAN - and all the features is has.

Last edited:

Ozythemandias

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the suggestion. Make a spacing to fit other (18350/18650) clips sounds great. The thickness is not availabe now, will see what I can do. I don't understand the HDS light you mentioned, could you pls pm me link or pic?

Old HDS lights had the body tapped for a clip like this:

rotary2.JPG

People that didn't want a clip used the holes to mount a lanyard attachment. You can see some of the various attachments here, the bottom clip is a standard bezel up clip, one above that is a deep carry bezel down clip and in the top left is the lanyard attachment:

full

Last edited:

hbk_rey

Enlightened
Old HDS lights had the body tapped for a clip like this:
People that didn't want a clip used the holes to mount a lanyard attachment. You can see some of the various attachments here, the bottom clip is a standard bezel up clip, one above that is a deep carry bezel down clip and in the top left is the lanyard attachment:

Thanks for the pics. Wondering what is in the head? Doesn't the two holes touch anything inside the tube? unless it is really thick.

Ozythemandias

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the pics. Wondering what is in the head? Doesn't the two holes touch anything inside the tube? unless it is really thick.

HDS lights are kinda bulky, 18350 sized running off a 16340. Thick walls etc, the focus is on durability, not compactness.

Weld Inspector

Enlightened
No one has taken into consideration the softness of moku u can drill and tap holes all u want for a pocket clip most likely just pull out

Trits or not,
Tailstand or not,
Clip or not,
I'm gonna buy the mokume gane reylight, I love everyone of my Reylights so far so I'm sure I'll love it too

Rey the light is your design do what you feel is right

Last edited:

Ozythemandias

Flashlight Enthusiast
No one has taken into consideration the softness of moku u can drill and tap holes all u want for a pocket clip most likely just pull out

I dont see how it can be softer than copper and there's plenty of screw mounted copper clips.

Rey, for what its worth I like the design and size of this one:
37176835333_e658fe38ba_b.jpg

I do suggest a black or darker clip to match the Mokume better