ReyLight Mokume Gane AA/14500 flashlight coming soon

hbk_rey

Enlightened
No one has taken into consideration the softness of moku u can drill and tap holes all u want for a pocket clip most likely just pull out

Trits or not,
Tailstand or not,
Clip or not,
I'm gonna buy the mokume gane reylight, I love everyone of my Reylights so far so I'm sure I'll love it too

Rey the light is your design do what you feel is right

Thanks.
I listen and make decision, try best to make most of us happy.
Trits, must.
Tailstand, actually it can taistand now.

hbk_rey

Enlightened
I dont see how it can be softer than copper and there's plenty of screw mounted copper clips.

Rey, for what its worth I like the design and size of this one:
37176835333_e658fe38ba_b.jpg

I do suggest a black or darker clip to match the Mokume better

Yes,
I do like the clip like many others do, except the softness of Ti, trying to make a steel version. There isn't room (thichness) for drilled clip, a spring is in it. Might do clicky and detachable tail, like the LAN did.

Ozythemandias

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes,
I do like the clip like many others do, except the softness of Ti, trying to make a steel version. There isn't room (thichness) for drilled clip, a spring is in it. Might do clicky and detachable tail, like the LAN did.

This is ok, I'm not very picky. I think Oveready uses a spring steel of sorts over Ti, probably for similar reasons.

An ideal fancy AA light IMO is high Cri (219b 4000k is my preference), tail switch, tailstands, floody beam profile, pocket clip and has a moonlight mode with some tasteful trits.

Your designs hits almost all those points so I'm sure I'm going to love whatever you come up with.

kiely23+

Enlightened
How about just nickel silver and copper? (my favorite combination :) ) - great contrast within the pattern, especially as the copper develops a wonderful patina...
Although in this the copper was also etched and the nickel silver polished, you can see the idea -- here in a Photon Fanatic light:
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...r-amp-Flame-Colored-Copper-Mokume-Gane-Killer

And here, in George's very recent Nucleus, note the Mokume light after a short bit of time and the patina -- just brass and copper do not have as much contrast; you can see all three metals here in his light - scroll down to the Mokume one:
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...Gane-Damascus)-Flashlight-and-Copper-Complete!

Hope you decide to keep the nickel silver in this light.
Perhaps the particular bar stock used in the sample did not have as much of the nickel silver consistently interwoven in the pattern, or as much nickel silver as other bars might. IMO the silver adds an important visual aspect.

+1
copper and nickel silver! :caution:

th8tredude

Enlightened
Hey Rey, check out the clip on the Manker Timeback II. It is machined from Ti, and held on by one screw. Something like that might be cool. It could even be machined from the same material as the flashlight. I recently ordered a replacement clip for my Spyderco Techno machined from MokuTi, so it's being done.

hbk_rey

Enlightened
Hey Rey, check out the clip on the Manker Timeback II. It is machined from Ti, and held on by one screw. Something like that might be cool. It could even be machined from the same material as the flashlight. I recently ordered a replacement clip for my Spyderco Techno machined from MokuTi, so it's being done.

Thank you. I tried that light. The clips is really heavy and hard, very little stretch.

easilyled

Flashaholic
Tailstand, actually it can taistand now.

It doesn't look from the design like the tailstand would be very secure. It looks like it could topple over easily.
I would prefer for the whole tail to be completely flat at the bottom.

Would you be able to make some lights without any clips for those that would prefer them without and others with clips for those who prefer them?

I'm in the former camp of preferring this particular light in such an exotic material without a clip. Unless its a really special and well thought out clip both in looks and function, its only likely to detract from such a nice light.

hbk_rey

Enlightened
It doesn't look from the design like the tailstand would be very secure. It looks like it could topple over easily.
I would prefer for the whole tail to be completely flat at the bottom.

Would you be able to make some lights without any clips for those that would prefer them without and others with clips for those who prefer them?

I'm in the former camp of preferring this particular light in such an exotic material without a clip. Unless its a really special and well thought out clip both in looks and function, its only likely to detract from such a nice light.

Thanks for the advice.
The light was done, pls read here: http://www.reylight.cn/?p=269

Latest posts