Reylight

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here are two of Rey's early efforts. The copper light carries only the name "ReyLight." The titanium light is marked both "ReyLight" and "Lumintop Tool Ti." Both have Nichia high CRI emitters.
Great Photo!
The first Reylight was a Special Order Lumintop Copper Tool w 219b 4000K that starts on a 1 lumen low.. Until then, Lumintop had only made aluminium tools w Low CRI LED, with a 5 lumen low, that started on Medium.

Lumintop followed with the first TiTool AAA that uses an eSwitch.. later sold by Drop.. Im quite fond of the flat eSwitch..

fwiw, the Copper Tool AAA heads, will lego w the Copper Maratac (also made by lumintop as a Special Order for Maratac)

Plays w Patina: (Reylight head on Maratac)
ey9xHq_Z5xq4aFtF_bVH8AqSxpN5dwI-Qm2o=w1207-h905-no.jpg

ilikeguns40

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great Photo!
The first Reylight was a Special Order Lumintop Copper Tool w 219b 4000K that starts on a 1 lumen low.. Until then, Lumintop had only made aluminium tools w Low CRI LED, with a 5 lumen low, that started on Medium.

Lumintop followed with the first TiTool AAA that uses an eSwitch.. later sold by Drop.. Im quite fond of the flat eSwitch..

fwiw, the Copper Tool AAA heads, will lego w the Copper Maratac (also made by lumintop as a Special Order for Maratac)

Plays w Patina: (Reylight head on Maratac)
View attachment 52396
Do the AAA Maratacs use the same pill size as the current reylight pineapple mini AAA? Are they swappable that you know of?

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are they swappable
not sure, maybe yes, have not tried.. the parts look very similar

here is a pineapple pic from this Tim McMahon review:
reylight-pineapple-mini-green-teardown.jpg
and a Tool AAA Pic
rxlVYktl.jpg
Getting the pill out of a Tool requires heat.

I caused, the broken wires by failing to heat the head up first, to soften the glue that holds the pill. The result is when trying to remove the pill only the driver turns, twisting the wires until they break, while the pill stays glued in place.

The way to avoid that, is to heat the head to 100C on a hotplate (or dip the lens end of the head into boiled water).

Last edited:

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
that is not from a pineapple mini, is it?

Yes. Rey only has one AAA driver now. That is the one shipped in all his AAA lights.
I ordered 3 to put into AAA twisty hosts only to find out it ain't happening. I don't know how to use them.

The pill may thread but it'll be way too long for for the body to thread into the head.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ordered 3 to put into AAA twisty hosts only to find out it ain't happening. ... The pill may thread but it'll be way too long for for the body to thread into the head.

thank you very much for sharing your first hand experience 🍺

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
They are good looking lights. But the website is next to useless. If you click on one of the lights, you find out that it is indeed a flashlight. You'll find the name and probably the metal used. Sometimes, if you're lucky, they'll tell you the emitter. That's all. Battery? Who cares? Modes? You don't need to know. Output? Pure sophistry. Switch? It probably has one, maybe? But they are very nice flashlight shaped objects.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is a zeroair review of the Pineapple Mini

Here is a Tim McMahon review of the Pineapple Mini

The reviews have all the outputs and programming instructions that used to be on Rey's site, until a recent barebones new website was built. atm The new site is only for buying the lights, read reviews for complete details.

we can find more reviews by typing:
reylight pineapple mini review
into google, or other search engines

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use his AA drivers in just about all my builds.
His moonlight is much lower than the convoy moonlight.

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks. Reviews are nice and all, but the seller needs to give more info than "I'm selling a light."

What would you like to know? I may can help.
His lights have mechanical switches, and the best production drivers on the market.

The skinny lights (pineapple) take AAA and 10440

The Lanapple takes AA and 14500

The Reylight Dawn is 18650 and 18350

The Rook is 18350

Here's the modes options:
Group1: (Moonlight)-2%-20%-100% ( Default)

Group2: (ML)-10%-40%-100%

Group3: (ML)-2%-10%-50%

Group4: (ML)-50%-100%-strobe-SOS

Here's how to program the driver:

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
What would you like to know? I may can help.
His lights have mechanical switches, and the best production drivers on the market.

The skinny lights (pineapple) take AAA and 10440

The Lanapple takes AA and 14500

The Reylight Dawn is 18650 and 18350

The Rook is 18350

Here's the modes options:
Group1: (Moonlight)-2%-20%-100% ( Default)

Group2: (ML)-10%-40%-100%

Group3: (ML)-2%-10%-50%

Group4: (ML)-50%-100%-strobe-SOS

Here's how to program the driver:
Nice thanks. I'm not really interested in purchasing a light from them. I wouldn't say I'm complaining either. Just saying they might want to flush out their Website a little better. But I'm not sure who they are but I presume it's not someone that is on this forum. So I'm talking to the wrong people anyway. Lol. They do look like they have a good lineup though.