Rifle Bag Light

bratch

Newly Enlightened
I'm in the process of putting together a rifle go bag to use in training classes and to keep around the house. One of the items I'm planning on putting in the bag is a flashlight. My first thought and still leading contender is the Surefire G2. My only concern is battery drain and grabbing the bag one day and the light being dead. I plan on keeping an extra set of batteries with it but want to be able to leave a set in the light as well.

Should I be concerned with the G2 eating batteries, I have an older one that ate a set while sitting idle in a drawer? Any other lights a better option? My requirements are using CR123 or AA batteries and a simple momentary on-off. I'd prefer a single mode light as well.

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Try the E2L with an F04 diffuser...trust me...it has a perfect low for rummaging through sacks, and a nice high...but, if left sitting, the G2 won't "eat your batteries", as long as the tailcap is twisted off far enough. But the E2L has a 9 hour runtime on high, as opposed to the 1 hour runtime of the G2...but, if you want somthing you can use with a pistol, try the C2 with a malkoff M60L...a little hard to understand at first, but you'll take the dive eventually.

As far as carrying spares, get an SC01 spares carrier from SF (or the markaetplace), and keep 6 in there along with a spare bulb in a waterproof package.

Oh, and :welcome:

Last edited:

SFG2Lman

Enlightened
my first Surefire was the G2L and I love it, I currently have an R2 drop-in for it and it feels indestructible. I've dropped, banged, throw, swam, soaked in oil, and the thing just keeps right up. I have other branded flashlights....but that one always holds a special place in my heart, and my pocket. Its a surefire but its not one thats so expensive you feel bad when it gets scratched. Definitely go with an LED module though to greatly extend your battery life

Latest posts