Rigid 37000/37101, Worth the Money? Good Option?

jzchen

Enlightened
Saw these lighting options on a Toyota forum. Going to verify compatibility as in one place it says 2010-2020 4Runner but others 2014-2020 4Runner. If it does fit 2010-2013 it opens up a lot of other models. Are these good or is there a better option? Thank you.

-Virgil-

Flashaholic
Good for what purpose? What is it you want these (or any other lamp you might put there) to do?

Hilldweller

Enlightened
Contact Rigid/Trucklite and ask about the fitment; they'll get back to you.
They work fine for what they're supposed to do. As for better, do you want a safe/legal foglight or an offroad-only trail light down there? Cause there are lots of offroad lights you can jam in that hole that are way-brighter but not suited for road use.
It's a nice foglight and if you live in an area with lots of fog it might be worth the substantial pile of cheese they cost.

There's a guy at the gym in the morning that has them and I can testify that, using my eyeball-meter, they work well and don't cause any annoying (to this old guy) glare.

jzchen

Enlightened
Thank you both. Yes, poor title on my part, my apologies. They are for road legal fog light function. Looking to possibly replace the original fog lights that came with a 2012 Prius v, (original Toyota LED headlight option if that matters). The Sylvania LED FOG DRL unit I had purchased (a long long time ago), as well as the proper "TOY" mount I had to purchase outside the US (as an OSRAM product) did not actually fit like they list it does. I was able to fit it to a '14 Scion iQ, but I must say it wasn't a great fit. (If I recall one side was abutt against the mount holes, while the opposite side I was able to screw into place). So not quite a good fit in that case either. RIGID says they use original Toyota mounts so I thought maybe they'd actually fit nicely. (I'm not a good tinkerer when it comes to car body work).

On the other hand you guys are awesome, any insight on replacement options would be greatly appreciated. (It doesn't have to be RIGID, although they did send me a response with a 15% discount code for use in their online store. Unfortunately they aren't sure beyond '14+ model year 4 Runners. Is it a good value at that price point?)

jzchen

Enlightened
Thank you both. Yes, poor title on my part, my apologies. They are for road legal fog light function. Looking to possibly replace the original fog lights that came with a 2012 Prius v, (original Toyota LED headlight option if that matters). The Sylvania LED FOG DRL unit I had purchased (a long long time ago), as well as the proper "TOY" mount I had to purchase outside the US (as an OSRAM product) did not actually fit like they list it does. I was able to fit it to a '14 Scion iQ, but I must say it wasn't a great fit. (If I recall one side was abutt against the mount holes, while the opposite side I was able to screw into place). So not quite a good fit in that case either. RIGID says they use original Toyota mounts so I thought maybe they'd actually fit nicely. (I'm not a good tinkerer when it comes to car body work).

On the other hand you guys are awesome, any insight on replacement options would be greatly appreciated. (It doesn't have to be RIGID, although they did send me a response with a 15% discount code for use in their online store. Unfortunately they aren't sure beyond '14+ model year 4 Runners. Is it a good value at that price point?)

EJR

Newly Enlightened
The Rigid is SAE F-spec compliant which doesn't have as good of performance as the F3 spec. And the price for those lamps are ridiculously expensive given the nature of how often those lamps would be useful.

Valeo has a very nice OEM LED projector fog lamp that is universally used for many different vehicle makes and models (not just for Toyota). This has the better F3 rating.

There are other Toyota/Lexus applications that use the same mounting configuration on the lamp that *should* be compatible with the 12 Prius V.

Valeo CHROME version
Valeo BLACK version